Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Re: Sleeping with windows open?

Perfect solution, Barry, a win-win
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 06:31 PM

I'm fortunate, my hubby prefers the window open at night too
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Seems like we got a lot of 'Hot things' on this forum.
I can't stand having the window open even in the summer, the noise of the traffic keeps me awake till all hours so I leave the door to the landing open instead, letting plenty of air circulate. The wife doesn't mind either way as she sleeps and snores like a horse, nothing could keep her awake.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 07:32 PM

In both the house I grew up in and the one I lived in for 47 years, my bedroom was in the front by the street; the noise of the traffic never kept me awake. Now I'm on the 5th floor and over the garden below,so no noise at all!
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 07:40 PM

Lovely view Meg ... a bit like ours on a chilly morning! We also have the London to Exeter line running in front of our house & it's lovely to see the lit - up carriages go by in the dark!

At the moment hubby & I are having a feud over whether the window is left open or not as the sheep in the opposite field are constantly bleating all night ... more so than when they had lambs!
One is more vocal than the rest ... I swear she has special needs or an asbo!!
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Our bedroom window is open every night all year round, we like a cold bedroom and no stuffiness. Gotta say there is something rather nice about snugggling down under the duvet on a cold night
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 08:20 PM

In 1928 when my Father was diagnosed as a diabetic he was sent to Derby Royal Infirmary .

Many of the other patients had infectious diseases and space was limited so to keep him away from infection his bed was put out on the veranda which had a roof but no front and sides.

A tarpaulin was put over the bed at night to prevent the snow which was blown in from making the bed wet as it melted
I think this must be where I get my hardiness from
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-09-2011, 08:22 PM

That boggles the mind,Meg!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
That boggles the mind,Meg!
Agreed!

At home I keep the windows closed due to traffic noise but at my sister's home in the country I prefer the window open, and I sleep best of all in a tent by a lake.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2011, 08:49 PM

I can't sleep at night if the windows aren't open, summer and winter. We are lucky that its very quiet and private and our main bedrooms are on the back. I love to hear the world waking up in the early mornings - quite often I don't even fully draw the curtains at night.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top