Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Re: Sleeping with windows open?

what a beautiful view, think I would be tempted not to draw the curtains, but hate it when I have to leave the window open for kizzy all night
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As a former Girl Guide in the Swallow Patrol I am always prepared and this includes wearing a nightdress so should I encounter a fire during the night which necessitates by being rescued by a fireman I will be prepared and decent ' in my nightdress
Me too Meg I always think if there was an emergency all I need do is grab my dressing gown...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As a former Girl Guide in the Swallow Patrol I am always prepared and this includes wearing a nightdress so should I encounter a fire during the night which necessitates by being rescued by a fireman I will be prepared and decent ' in my nightdress
Great forward planning Meg, but these days with the cutting of manpower, you would probably have time to get dressed, do your nails, backcomb your hair and put on a modicum of slap whilst awaiting your white knight...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Great forward planning Meg, but these days with the cutting of manpower, you would probably have time to get dressed, do your nails, backcomb your hair and put on a modicum of slap whilst awaiting your white knight...
You are absolutely right their, Barry!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 07:02 PM

I too keep a dressing gown at hand in case of fire or other emergency.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Me too Meg I always think if there was an emergency all I need do is grab my dressing gown...
Well with my pyjamas, long nightie and often a cardi on in bed, if it's really cold I have my dressing gown on over the top of that lot too. (still bare feet). Any fireman would dash offf again in sheer fright!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-09-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Well with my pyjamas, long nightie and often a cardi on in bed, if it's really cold I have my dressing gown on over the top of that lot too. (still bare feet). Any fireman would dash offf again in sheer fright!
You paint a pretty picture there, Mary!
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 07:08 PM

My window stays closed. I live opposite a train station and the noise is quite loud without the double glazing. I don't have heating on in the bedroom in the winter and can't sleep with anything on unless I am in hospital or on holiday. Also, my conservatory roof is immediately below my bedroom window and living alone I think intruders could climb in.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Oh, that drove me mad in hospital, had to sleep in the gown!!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top