Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 09:37 AM

Re: Kindle Book Subscriptions

Oh Lordy forgive me for I have sinned. I accidentally paid for 2 books on the Amazon site. I thought they were free. But I have not received them into my kindle.
I cannot find any way to contact anyone about this.
Any one know how to do this?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Oh Lordy forgive me for I have sinned. I accidentally paid for 2 books on the Amazon site. I thought they were free. But I have not received them into my kindle.
If you paid for them, they should show up in your Amazon orders............and you'll need to download them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 11:26 AM

Have you tried going into 'Menu' then 'sync for items?'
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If you paid for them, they should show up in your Amazon orders............and you'll need to download them!
Did that, tried that, and they have not been added to my 2nd kindle. Or any other devices that I have that they could have gone to.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 04:38 PM

Personally I know nothing about Kindle books but wondered if any of the links
below might be of help to you:

How to contact Amazon customer service about Kindle books (freephone):

https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1438&bih=833

These two links show how to access Kindle books on devices:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201567510

https://itstillworks.com/locate-book...-10056203.html
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Did that, tried that, and they have not been added to my 2nd kindle. Or any other devices that I have that they could have gone to.
Did you register the second kindle to your account?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

28-02-2020, 09:55 PM

Doh! Silly me. I had a new modem that I installed a few days ago. Thinking of this I went into settings on the Kindle, and it listed the WIFI connections. Yes the new one was listed. When I selected it, it wanted the passcode. I entered it, and then all the 2 books that I had paid for and other free ones all got downloaded.
End of another drama.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

04-07-2021, 11:37 PM

Hi Everyone

Try https://www.gutenberg.org/
The books are free as the US copyright has expired.
Also audio books etc.

Enjoy
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:31 PM

Mrs Zaphod reads quite a bit & finds that the £7-99/month Kindle Unlimited option suits her.

Myself as quite an avid reader I have always disliked Amazon's attempted domination of the ebook market so I won't buy a Kindle, nor will I pay them to read a book.

I know there are those that will decry what I'm about to say so my hard hat is ready, but here goes:

There are lots of ways to read just about any book you can imagine for free.
Not that I can go into details as such things are frowned-upon, but there are numerous ways and if you are so-inclined it's even possible to read Amazon's free books (for those that have Amazon Prime for example) on a non-Amazon ereader.

As earlier, I know there are those that frown upon such practices but IMHO it is no different to buying a whole stack of second-hand books for next-to-nothing.
It's a darned sight more eco-friendly too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 07:53 AM

I have so far resisted joining the Kindle Unlimited books because I either go to my library, or read ebooks on Overdrive (through my library subscription). Other areas might use BorrowBox. And I get free ones on Amazon, or might buy one for a quid or two.

If anyone has a library card I’d recommend their ebook side.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top