Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2011, 08:38 AM

Re: If you had a time machine

Suey darlin' - that far back in history - not all houses had flush toilets, and certainly no central heating - hot water??? - boil a kettle on the stove. precious few creature comforts back then.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:06 AM

I've just read all the posts in this topic and I've had a wonderful time reading them.

It would still be the 50s for me but, if my time machine had a forward lever, I'd nip ahead into the 60s. The music, the fashion, the ambience and of course, back then, you could walk into one job from another on the same day. Brilliant times.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2011, 06:31 PM

Sorry this is vering off I know but my favourite fashion was the twenties, my Mother was a Flapper and I would have loved to be one.Also love the furniture.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:01 AM

I've seen many old photos of my home town from the late 1800s/early 1900s. I can still recognise some of the places and, on looking at those photos, I realise that my grandma walked those streets as they were then. The first steam tram in (I think) 1910 and the crowds of people that went to watch it in the Market Square. I wonder if my gran went to see it happening.

The cobbled streets and the way people dressed in those days. There are many eras I'd like to see, but not many I'd like to go back to, to stay in.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top