Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 03:53 AM

Old BritComs

Since most of you are British, I have to say that I enjoy watching the old British Comedies. The quality of the characters and brilliance of the actors and actresses are just amazing and hilarious.

Mr. Bean, who turns every situation into an adventure, Are You Being Served, with Mrs. Slocumb talking about her "cat" , Fawlty Towers, One Foot In The Grave, To The Manor Born, Good Neighbors, and Keeping Up Appearances with Hyacinth Bucket (it's Bouquet)!

I could name more, but I'm going to have some tea with my royal doultons with the hand-painted periwinkles!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 03:07 PM

Re: Old BritComs

I never liked Fawlty Towers (aka Flowery Twats) because of Cleese or One Foot In The Grave (Meldrew reminds me so much of my very bigoted ex-FiL) but the others are v. funny.

Has The Royle Family or Gavin & Stacey made it across the pond yet? These are two more that tickled my funny bone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 03:32 PM

Aye ... you can't beat an old comedy.

The humour seemed different then ... or it's me, but I much prefer old stuff.
I've have been known to have a chuckle at the Simpsons.

Welcome to the forum Buzzzer .
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:00 PM

I'm quite partial to some Curry and Chips.
Not forgetting Terry and June!

More tea vicar?
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 06:47 AM

Two more that I forgot to mention earlier are "As Time Goes By" and "Waiting For God".

Percy Vere, I haven't seen The Royle Family or Gavin & Stacey. I don't know if they are available here.
Buzzzer
USA

29-05-2020, 06:48 AM

I also like the old American Sitcoms such as "The Andy Griffith Show", "Gomer Pyle, USMC", "The Beverly Hillbillies", etc. Seems like the old sitcoms, both American and British, are so much better than today's sitcoms.

Morticia, thank you for the welcome.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzzer ->
Two more that I forgot to mention earlier are "As Time Goes By" and "Waiting For God".

Percy Vere, I haven't seen The Royle Family or Gavin & Stacey. I don't know if they are available here.
You'd probably need sub-titles because of the accents especially for The Royle Family. Another funny sitcom imo was The Vicar Of Dibley. I enjoy American comedies like Cheers (but not Frasier), The Golden Girls, etc.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzzer ->
Since most of you are British, I have to say that I enjoy watching the old British Comedies. The quality of the characters and brilliance of the actors and actresses are just amazing and hilarious.

Mr. Bean, who turns every situation into an adventure, Are You Being Served, with Mrs. Slocumb talking about her "cat" , Fawlty Towers, One Foot In The Grave, To The Manor Born, Good Neighbors, and Keeping Up Appearances with Hyacinth Bucket (it's Bouquet)!

I could name more, but I'm going to have some tea with my royal doultons with the hand-painted periwinkles!
Sorry Buzzer l answered this thread by mistake?
I thought it said Old Bit Coins?
Im afraid my neural networks have deteriorated somewhat?
Sorry again!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Buzzzer
USA

30-05-2020, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sorry Buzzer l answered this thread by mistake?
I thought it said Old Bit Coins?
Im afraid my neural networks have deteriorated somewhat?
Sorry again!

Donkeyman! ����
No problem, Donkeyman! It just lets me know that I'm not the only one who's merely human.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 06:25 AM

Patricia Routledge is so funny at playing Hyacinth Bucket, she's such a snob and a comic genius.

Penelope Keith in To The Manor Born ah used to love that.

I like your taste in sitcoms, you named some real funny shows.

Cant believe anyone that doesnt find John Cleese funny, he's had me in stitches many times and Manuel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top