Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 01:17 PM

Re: No more Little Britain

Beam me up Scotty

Edit
Beam me in an ascending manner, person of non specific gender, race, ethnicity, religion, colour, number or any other marker, description or inclination.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
It makes sense to me Baz.
My memory might be a little hazy but I don't recall any obligation to buy tickets and see the show.
Freedom of choice?
From memory though initially there was no connection made to anything racist about the musical.
It was quite some while before that started happening. Why would anyone have needs to exercise 'Freedom of choice' about buying tickets initially if there were no racist connotations to the musical?

When that happened there would have been those who would be thinking how ridiculous it was to do that, they may well have bought their tickets irrespective of those views, just to show their disapproval that this was done at all.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
From memory though initially there was no connection made to anything racist about the musical.
It was quite some while before that started happening. Why would anyone have needs to exercise 'Freedom of choice' about buying tickets initially if there were no racist connotations to the musical?

When that happened there would have been those who would be thinking how ridiculous it was to do that, they may well have bought their tickets irrespective of those views, just to show their disapproval that this was done at all.
I'm probably muddying the waters between past and present.
In a nutshell, I for one appreciate the freedom to choose what I watch on the box or at the theater , within reason of course.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:03 PM

I remember a comedy series "Mind your language" about a group of mature students of several nationalities attending a night school to learn English.That would never be seen on tv these days.Anyone remember it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I remember a comedy series "Mind your language" about a group of mature students of several nationalities attending a night school to learn English.That would never be seen on tv these days.Anyone remember it?
Yes, I thought it was great at the time although I doubt the comedy would travel well now. It was just a bit of fun.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top