Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:47 PM

Re: Piers Morgan leaves GMB

Sky news this morning had a black female presenter on. She had really, really black skin and there was a dark blue background behind her. All you could see were her teeth and a flame red top she was wearing.

It made me wonder whether the producers don’t say anything because of her colour because I do know white presenters are told not to wear dots or stripes because they don’t film well.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Someone asked earlier about why there are now so many black presenters on TV. It’s to balance things up and not offend anybody.

i watch Sky News occasionally and one day they had 3 black presenters on at the same time. There’s nothing wrong with that if they are the best people for the job but they often aren’t.

I don’t like it when programmes just put black characters in to keep a balance. Coronation Street and Emmerdale are good examples. Some of them can’t act for toffee. The west indian family in Corrie are hopeless actors and bring nothing to the programme at all. the number of gay characters in both Emmerdale and Corrie is now totally ridiculous too.

Same as the adverts now. We have to have BAME families, mixed race families, gay families, blended families.

It’s all getting too much.

Didn't Midsomer Murders get into trouble for being too "English" Its set in an English country village, for goodness sake.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 12:09 PM

I see Ben Shepherd is replacing Piers Morgan.
Someone suggested, Alex ‘Bellend’ Bellfield taking over from Piers. I have never heard of him but l get the impression he is notorious?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:25 PM

https://www.alexbelfield.com

Serious in an amusing way.

https://www.celebrityradio.biz
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.alexbelfield.com

Serious in an amusing way.

https://www.celebrityradio.biz
Thank You for that, Cinderella.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:07 PM

I thought they were going to try out a few different people before going for a final permanent replacement
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think he wanted to quit for a while. But still....expressing an opinion shouldn't be grounds for having to leave.....
He didn’t have to leave. He chose to.
Originally Posted by Harbal ->
We can all express our opinions, but when we are doing it on national TV, we are expected to do it with a higher level of judgement. You never see me being controversial on the telly.
My thoughts exactly. If you are going to express your opinions on television then you are expected to do it with a bit more tastefulness than he showed. ( just my opinion of course (
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I see Ben Shepherd is replacing Piers Morgan.
Someone suggested, Alex ‘Bellend’ Bellfield taking over from Piers. I have never heard of him but l get the impression he is notorious?

Been following Bellfied for months.

He has been attacking the BBC over that time.

21 minutes long but worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PdPiOQI_Ks

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top