Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 05:52 PM

Cancelled again

For the second time BBC1 has cancelled or postponed regular programmes to broadcast a briefing on the Coronavirus situation
Well the Coronavirus situation is obviously important and it needs to be publicised, and if there was no alternative to cancelling programmes that would be fair enough

But there is an alternative - BBC 24 Hour News
I thought the whole point of such a channel was that there would be no need to interrupt normal schedules, and that they would have the time and resources to provide a full coverage of important events

They are in fact covering the Coronavirus simultaneously on BBC 24 anyway

This is slightly annoying as The Repair Shop is one of the few decent programmes that the BBC have now
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 05:56 PM

Re: Cancelled again

How disappointing for you.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
For the second time BBC1 has cancelled or postponed regular programmes to broadcast a briefing on the Coronavirus situation
Well the Coronavirus situation is obviously important and it needs to be publicised, and if there was no alternative to cancelling programmes that would be fair enough

But there is an alternative - BBC 24 Hour News
I thought the whole point of such a channel was that there would be no need to interrupt normal schedules, and that they would have the time and resources to provide a full coverage of important events

They are in fact covering the Coronavirus simultaneously on BBC 24 anyway

This is slightly annoying as The Repair Shop is one of the few decent programmes that the BBC have now
Also there's BBC2 so yet another alternative.
Even worse is the fact we have to pay for a TV Licence!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:14 AM

I sympathise with you Zuludog, they moved 'Pointless' to BBC2 and sometimes they don't show it at all. But the thing that really annoys me, is when they cancel or postpone programmes for the football......
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:23 AM

Was Cheltenham races really worth missing Judge Rinder for??
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Was Cheltenham races really worth missing Judge Rinder for??
absolutely not - my daughter was more annoyed about missing loose women due to the racing that i don't know who was watching
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by KP53 ->
absolutely not - my daughter was more annoyed about missing loose women due to the racing that i don't know who was watching
I missed my daily dose of tenables!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I missed my daily dose of tenables!!
Ooh... I love watching Tennable!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
This is slightly annoying
I wonder what sort of response very annoying would have provoked in you, zuludog.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:57 PM

Just read that season 4 of Killing Eve won't be shown till next year because some of the scenes are shot in the EU and it was put back because Covid crises.

That's well P***** me off

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top