Join for free
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 11:40 PM

A Star is born (now on netflix)

So the recent Star is born film is now on netflix. I was totally captivated by the opening scene, the guitar riff is just superb. Lady Gaga is a fabulous actress. She has great chemistry with Bradley. They are both really strong leads. I haven't seen the original but if anyone could have made this her own it's lady Gaga. I didn't really rate her until I saw her perform the national anthem at the inauguration. What a voice. But also a brilliant actress. I do hope she does more acting. As for Cooper well he is extremely appealing even if he ends up deteriorating in the movie. That lanky, soulful ruggedness. He's brilliantly cast in this film.

Anyway I'm sure some of you have already seen this and maybe you felt less enthralled but I felt this film really made the weekend.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 05:55 AM

Re: A Star is born (now on netflix)

Thanks for the information, Annie, I didn't know they had made a fourth version. Have never seen the original (Janet Gaynor and Frederick March). Seen the second one (James Mason and the dreadful Judy Garland), and the third one (Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson) - will look out for this new one. Never heard of Bradley Cooper - had to google him - he is a handsome man!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:48 AM

It's a stunning show innit!? Bradley Cooper does the part so well and La lGaGa just sets the screen on fire. She is such an amazing and talented lady and she has the ability to tear on your heart in every thing she does. We've been fans of hers since she first popped up. She is one in a million. Have you seen the clip of her doing The Lady Is A Tramp with Tony Bennett?...Tony is the very soul of San Francisco and she is the very epitome of Broadway Hutzpah and power. Awesome! Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 08:22 AM

I was amazed by Lady GaGa...I didn't take her seriously at first I think its her name ....I wonder why she called herself that. Brilliant film.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 09:05 AM

I saw this when it was on Netflix some months ago (or maybe it was on Amazon Prime?). It is a wonderful film and I agree, Lady Gaga is truly amazing in the part - her voice just blew me away.

However, I did really struggle to understand what they were saying throughout the film - I felt I really needed subtitles, but they weren't available for some reason. Not just me - my daughter watched it with me and she was just as frustrated as me at the mumbled speech. No one else I spoke to at the time had any issues with it, so I was puzzled. Never had any problems with any other films, so don't think it was my TV. Anyone here struggle to understand them?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I saw this when it was on Netflix some months ago (or maybe it was on Amazon Prime?). It is a wonderful film and I agree, Lady Gaga is truly amazing in the part - her voice just blew me away.

However, I did really struggle to understand what they were saying throughout the film - I felt I really needed subtitles, but they weren't available for some reason. Not just me - my daughter watched it with me and she was just as frustrated as me at the mumbled speech. No one else I spoke to at the time had any issues with it, so I was puzzled. Never had any problems with any other films, so don't think it was my TV. Anyone here struggle to understand them?

Not really from memory.But everybody is different.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
he is a handsome man!
He is indeed
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was amazed by Lady GaGa...I didn't take her seriously at first I think its her name ....I wonder why she called herself that. Brilliant film.
Possibly lady Germanotta was a bit of a mouthful

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top