Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 06:59 PM

The Serengeti Rules

On PBS America
Absolutely fascinating documentary on how there are certain animals that are ‘keystone’ animals ie essential for the eco system . These can be predators or herbivores but the ‘keystone ‘ species the rest .

Ie the wildebeast if a keystone animal in the Serengeti .
By eating the grass it allows trees to grow ( they don’t eat trees) trees bring back elephants and big cats .

In Yellowstone park the reintroduction of the wolf after 70 years completely changed and enriched the eco system .
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:18 PM

Re: The Serengeti Rules

And we Brits are fetching badgers back to British water ways.
I did see the wolves a few years back that was really good.

Muddy you wanna give the beeb's "Earth From Space" a try out I was glued to the screen the other night watching what they can now achieve using those satellites.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:24 PM

I think you mean beavers
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I think you mean beavers

Just making sure you are all awake, well at least one is.

10/10 for spotting my deliberate error Ron.

I am a stupid stupid stupid boy a badgers black n white and mess's up a front bumper, whilst a beaver wears a pink dicky bow and has a quiff.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Once, on a business trip to Nairobi, my colleague and I were taken on an evening safari into the Serengeti. After driving around for a while we came upon a pride of lions lazing under a tree. Our driver stopped the car just a few metres away and wound the windows down so we could take photos. Photos taken, the old male stood up, yawned, looked our way and then belched. What a God awful stink that was. Beautiful sight though.

I've still got the photos somewhere. One day I might get around to scanning them (and hundreds of others) onto my hard drive.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 08:06 AM

Thank goodness for Armand and Michaela Denis who told me all I know about the Serengeti. To be honest I must have missed the episode about the Badgers and the Beavers but the other animals were great.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top