Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 06:37 PM

The African Queen

Bogey and Hepburn at their best, made in 1951 and it's in colour too, I've got the DVD so I'm off to watch it, see yez later.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 06:41 PM

Re: The African Queen

One of the greats, watched it a few times....... unfortunately it was on video

My first thought then of the film........ those leeches!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2009, 09:21 PM

finished the film, my fave bit is right at the start when Bogey is sitting having tea with reverend Sayer and Miss Rosie, his belly's growling like a sewage pump and he's so embarrassed, makes several apologies then says "there's not a thing I can do".
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:34 PM

It's one of my all time favourites
We've got it on DVD, though I've never watched it - think the pack is still sealed! One day!
nero
Central Scotland

10-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
It's one of my all time favourites
We've got it on DVD, though I've never watched it - think the pack is still sealed! One day!
Go on, . . watch it, it only runs for 1:40.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 05:44 PM

You can't beat the oldie films, give me one of those anyday......they actually have a good story to them!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Oh I love that film. I adore Bogey and Hepburn but together in this they are magic. Simply magic.
The look Bogey's face after he gets back on the boat after towing the African Queen through the leech infested water and she take the leeches off and both know he has to go back into the water....Ughhh....

And when she decides they will blow up the German Gunship...magic.
nero
Central Scotland

10-10-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Oh I love that film. I adore Bogey and Hepburn but together in this they are magic. Simply magic.
The look Bogey's face after he gets back on the boat after towing the African Queen through the leech infested water and she take the leeches off and both know he has to go back into the water....Ughhh....

And when she decides they will blow up the German Gunship...magic.
Ha ha, he called the leeches "little beggars".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top