Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Re: Preparing for winter

I make a point of NOT reading the headlines of the Express...every year after the first snowflake in the Orkneys they warn of death and misery in the coming 'Siberian' winter.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 08:49 AM

Re: Preparing for winter

Everything will change for me once I move. I’ve never had to worry about boilers and CH, for instance, but at least this winter if anything goes wrong I can just contact the letting agency.

My flat has had a new water tank fitted, plus two new storage heaters, but they will be somebody else’s worry soon.

My car is serviced and MOTD every February, without fail.

Clothes, no, I just wear the same ones, whatever the season, swapping coats around accordingly.

I always stockpile food! Got a freezer full which I’ll never use by the 17th. Not sure if I’ll be able to transport it all to the new home, as I forget where I packed the cool bag! Could be in the storage unit for all I know, and I still need to order my new FF.

And yes, I’ve had heating on for a week or so now.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top