Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 07:50 PM

Where does all this PC end?

How about considering the British people for a change.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ham-sandwi...125409172.html
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:03 PM

Re: Where does all this PC end?

I refused to read the article as I knew I'd throw whatever I was using at the time...be it a newspaper, iPad, telly...whatever, out the window!!

Who ARE these people who decide these things? I'm afraid I'd refuse to kowtow to this.

Will we eventually see all pigs slaughtered and no pork products sold anywhere? Will we see cows wandering about our streets and no beef products sold anywhere? When will the people stand up and say ENOUGH of all this nonsense.

*aaaaaand breathe...*
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:14 PM

Why are the called a Co-exist group - they clearly aren't happy with co-existing - unless we give in to them all the time!
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

05-10-2015, 08:22 PM

http://www.interfaith.cam.ac.uk/news/coexisthouse
Here they are.. a load of tosh.... not one of them can ask for a cheese sandwich. It might work in the hallowed dining halls of academia but not in the body shop canteen at Fords...

Some people will always jump on a band wagon if there's a few bob in it for them or some kudos..
Divisive drivel in my opinion,,,, pc is about treating each other with dignity and respect ....not this rubbish.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:32 PM

Christmas will be banned next. If these foreigners do not like the way we live then simply piss off back where they came from.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:41 PM

Hi

I have no idea where it will all end.

We are supposed to be a secular society, everyone equal, but the pendulum is swinging to some are more equal to others.

I have no objection to other religions, but equally I do not expect them to object to mine.

Multi Culturalism should mean respecting others, not having to walk round on egg shells constantly worrying about possibly causing offence.

The Muslims that I worked with had no problem at all with the office tradition of Bacon Butties on a Friday morning.

The idiots in HR however, non of them Muslim, did have a problem with it as it could be taken, in their view, as disrespectful.

Christmas by the way, was renamed Mid Winter Break so as not to cause offence.

The Muslims in the office thought that was stupid, as one put it, no one was going to telling her not to call Ramadan Ramadan, so why should we call Christmas something different?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 08:42 PM

Aye right,I can just imagine the response in the Offices all over Glasgow at being told They can't keep Their pork pies and ham sandwiches in the fridge as it may offend....and no beer or whisky at works do's....You'd hear the laughter erupting all over the City.. :~)
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:06 PM

Surely it should be the immigrants and other foreign cultures fitting in with the British, not the other way round, it certainly doesn´t seem that way. It appears that the British should be bending over backwards to appease all immigrant cultures and ways of life. Surely when you go to live in a different country you should respect their culture, their way of life, not impose your own on them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:27 PM

Now who's idea is this ? we have a very mixed office where I work and not one of the non pork eaters complain. We seem in the real world to manage to bumble along together until someone takes offence on behalf of people who have never complained or worried about these things.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye right,I can just imagine the response in the Offices all over Glasgow at being told They can't keep Their pork pies and ham sandwiches in the fridge as it may offend....and no beer or whisky at works do's....You'd hear the laughter erupting all over the City.. :~)
Give them their own flipping fridge, end of problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top