Join for free
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 07:07 PM

Re: Fair or not?

I can't imagine having two puppies I had enough problems with two just over a year apart the idea of taking on two scares me !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
Latest news from Carole-she has just come home with 2 puppies------a Jack Russell and Besant terrier, I think she said. i know nothing more.

Feeling a little jealous, I remember my 2 as puppies--they were so sweet-but did not stay puppies for long. !!

I know she has had Jack Rusells before, and her daughter has 2--not sure about the other one.

Not sure such a breed exists marianna?

I hate to be pessimistic, but - oh dear. . .
Let's just hope it works.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 08:22 PM

Could that be a Brichon Frise?
(small white and fluffy .)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Could that be a Brichon Frise?
(small white and fluffy .)

I hope not Muddy, because Marianna said earlier, her sister didn't want a coat like that to groom.

I also wondered what sex they were, and whether the same breeder had 2 (or more) separate litters, as they seem to be two entirely different breeds?
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 09:47 PM

Ok--I have got it now---it was A tibetan terrier--lookss like a little teddy bear -so cute. He is so cute. But she accepts that he will nede to be groomed regularly. The Jack russel is female---but both settled down happily to sleep together.. They were from different breeders, and she seems really excited about them.

As I said earlier, she has always had dogs, for more than 50 years. sometimes 2 at a time, not neccessaily puppies.

When I lost my husband almost 11 years ago, I got myself 2 puppies--one of each sex and 2 different breeds--8 weeks old----despite never having had a dog before-my husband preferred cats---and quite honestly, my friends were all horrified--they will trip you up--think of the vets bills-what about walking them--etc etc etc. i took no notice of them,and quite honestly it was the best thing I could have ever done. They have been brilliant-very little trouble, apart from Chloe cannot see too well now-but the vet said that is just her age. I am confident that Carole will be fine-her last dog Robson-died in November aged 18 , was taken out for an hours walk every morning and every evening. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for Carole--because I know she really misses Robson.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 09:55 PM

They sound delightful I hope all goes well with them for your sister
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 11:05 AM

Thanks Muddy--she is very excited. Out today to buy some bits and pieces. Her daughter bought a crate round--she will need that as she is having new central heating put in , in 2 weeks time. !!

Its so good to see her happy--she has had a really tough time--2 years ago, walked out on her husband of 50 years, with just the clothes she stood up in---and her dog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mariana
Kent. Uk.

26-01-2016, 12:04 PM

All going well for Carole and her puppies-she sent me a pic through yesterday-I will try and get it on here when i can.. she sounds the happiest that I have heard her for so many years--i am just delighted for her.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

27-01-2016, 11:34 AM

Already little Missy is bossing Oscar around-3 times her size---typical Jack Russell.......

Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 17 18 19

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top