Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 03:41 AM

Money is the Name of the Game

Life seems to pass by like the winded pages of an old book. A few more minutes and I will roll out of bed and my daily routine will start over. Damn materialism, what would life have been like if money would not have been invented ?

Reality check is, that there seems to be a need to put people in boxes. Those who have and those who don't. This division allows society to point its ugly finger at you and say.. " I have more than you so that makes me special." Money brings out the dark side in all of us. But, if there was no such thing as money, something else would have been created to set us apart from everybody else.

There is no denying that in this world we now live in, money is the name of the game. Its what quenches our thirst and keeps us alive. Got to keep working because there are no handouts in life. Well maybe, if you work hard enough you get your retirement. In all honesty, thats really not a handout, its the government returning the hard worked money that was partially taken out of your pay check every month.

But, I need to shut up and stop complaining, because one cannot escape life. So yeah, the fact is, another day, another dollar. Money is the name of the game. Time for me to get up and play ball.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 06:17 AM

Re: Money is the Name of the Game

I remember reading a book entitled 'The adventures of Captain Fawcett' when I was a young man. It was about him exploring darkest Africa. He came across a primitive jungle tribe remarkable by the fact that they did the minimum amount of work just to provide food and shelter, the rest of their time was spent in play. I sometimes think that that is how things should be.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:13 AM

Money and time the things that enslave us..

If we are not chasing money to pay for the life we have become trapped in we are chasing time trying to find a bit extra or squeeze that we have in order to have more chance at chasing the money with which we hope to buy some extra time...
Crazy roundabout..
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 08:51 AM

It is often said that “Love Makes the World go Round”
In fact, it Is Money! Money! Money!
Witness the starving babies in their mother's arms in poor Countries and places of drought
No amount of love in the world will save these babies who die through lack of money for medication. World Aid passes them by
Countries who rely solely on growing their own food remain poor until they embrace Capitalism. Even Communist countries like China have now turned to Capitalism and are now one of the richest Countries in the world.

And we are not all born equal, some have the advantage of being Talented and creative
Some are more attractive and seem to have more mental abilities, so get more out of life
So others look up to them.
However a Rich, powerful unattractive man can attract but the most beautiful woman in the world. Money Talks
We are all attracted to beauty, whether it is Animal, Vegetable ,or Mineral.
It may all seem superficial, but that is human nature
The more money you have, the more power you have .
That is why people like Rothschild control the Banks in USA and so Control America and the President of USA
It is possible to be happy with very little money ,but only if you live a very simple life as well
Andit times of trouble you have to ask for financial help.

And money is not a new thing as there were Money Lenders in the Bible
Also the Romans thousands of years age used coins, and many have been excavated in the UK and are now in British Museums
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I remember reading a book entitled 'The adventures of Captain Fawcett' when I was a young man. It was about him exploring darkest Africa. He came across a primitive jungle tribe remarkable by the fact that they did the minimum amount of work just to provide food and shelter, the rest of their time was spent in play. I sometimes think that that is how things should be.
Interesting tribe..

I also read once that there is a group of people that live on a small island in the Pacific. They live a quiet calm life. In fact, their philosophy is to live the moment. They have no concept of time and to avoid time none of the inhabitants on the island know when they were born or how old they are.

They smile all the time without a worry in the world it so seems. A smart group of people who came up with a way to avoid the rat race.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:17 AM

I can think of one major snag in isolating yourself from the modern world, that is no access to modern medical practices. Maybe that would be a price worth paying.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:20 AM

I agree with that ,people arnt meant to work their socks off for what?? Its all a Rat race...........get off the hamster wheel if you can.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

05-01-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Money and time the things that enslave us..

If we are not chasing money to pay for the life we have become trapped in we are chasing time trying to find a bit extra or squeeze that we have in order to have more chance at chasing the money with which we hope to buy some extra time...
Crazy roundabout..
After having lived in Europe, Spain in particular. One realizes that the Spaniards have their every day tension too. But, its a life one can enjoy. Spaniards find a way to work and enjoy their time. Where in America, the economic system allows you to buy many things, but if you are not careful, you get sucked in by so much debt. So all the materialism in the end makes you live a life to pay bills and not live a life to be happy
eyes_of_a_painter
n

05-01-2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
It is often said that “Love Makes the World go Round”
In fact, it Is Money! Money! Money!
Witness the starving babies in their mother's arms in poor Countries and places of drought
No amount of love in the world will save these babies who die through lack of money for medication. World Aid passes them by
Countries who rely solely on growing their own food remain poor until they embrace Capitalism. Even Communist countries like China have now turned to Capitalism and are now one of the richest Countries in the world.

And we are not all born equal, some have the advantage of being Talented and creative
Some are more attractive and seem to have more mental abilities, so get more out of life
So others look up to them.
However a Rich, powerful unattractive man can attract but the most beautiful woman in the world. Money Talks
We are all attracted to beauty, whether it is Animal, Vegetable ,or Mineral.
It may all seem superficial, but that is human nature
The more money you have, the more power you have .
That is why people like Rothschild control the Banks in USA and so Control America and the President of USA
It is possible to be happy with very little money ,but only if you live a very simple life as well
Andit times of trouble you have to ask for financial help.

And money is not a new thing as there were Money Lenders in the Bible
Also the Romans thousands of years age used coins, and many have been excavated in the UK and are now in British Museums
Indeed Communism is a complete failure. Cuba's so called utopia has robbed its people of self creativity. They wake up each morning not knowing what to do or how to bring food to the table. Thus just last year alone 45,000 Cubans made it to our shores to find their so called freedom. Today as we speak there are 8000 Cubans in Costa Rica who escaped their island by boat waiting to allowed permission to make it to America.

So Communism is a complete failure. We see it in Venezuela. The polical leaders promise their people equality for all while the leaders end up with the lavish lifestyle and the people starve to death.

I would say that Capitalism is not a bad thing. One just needs to learn how to live under ones possibilities without over extending oneself. Hopefully that way somesort of balance can be obtained
eyes_of_a_painter
n

05-01-2016, 09:42 AM

I can think of one major snag in isolating yourself from the modern world, that is no access to modern medical practices. Maybe that would be a price worth paying.
Isolation in no way is creative. Life teaches us many lessons and through life we grow and hopefully become a better person. I have seen many times, men who isolate themselves in caves thinking that by being alone and with very little, they will find peace.

So there are many traps out there with promises of paradise. We all need to be careful not to find hell instead.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top