Join for free
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shropshiregirl's Avatar
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
shropshiregirl is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,919
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 11:18 AM
11

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9,088
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 11:42 AM
12

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1996168]Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...

Could be the start of WW3 listening to the Dutch !
And l thought we were on their side last time ??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
LongDriver's Avatar
LongDriver
Senior Member
LongDriver is offline
West Sussex (coastal)
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,015
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 11:53 AM
13

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

[QUOTE=Donkeyman;1996176]
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves...

Could be the start of WW3 listening to the Dutch !
And l thought we were on their side last time ??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
LOL .. I bet ole Solly will be behind it all
PS .. he's still MIA
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 12:16 PM
14

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Hi

We have our red lines, the EU have their red lines.

That is how it should be.

We go our way, they go theirs.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 01:16 PM
15

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have our red lines, the EU have their red lines.

That is how it should be.

We go our way, they go theirs.
Within the next few days we should know according to the Guardian, though strangely not one other place so far has picked that up.
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 10,656
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 01:38 PM
16

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Within the next few days we should know according to the Guardian, though strangely not one other place so far has picked that up.

My social distancing has extended to the mainstream media
Tedc's Avatar
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,872
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 02:04 PM
17

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

[QUOTE=LongDriver;1996179]
Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
LOL .. I bet ole Solly will be behind it all
PS .. he's still MIA
I heard that he's running the Dutch Exit Project.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 02:07 PM
18

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Hi

I simply do not want to be part of the EU.

If if costs us money, so be it.

I will not be dictated to by people I cannot vote for.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 02:30 PM
19

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Because of the EU's stance Spain still hasn't reached agreement with the UK re: Gibraltar.
Around 15,000 Spaniards commute to work in Gibraltar from a part of Spain already suffering high unemployment.

When Franco closed the border decades ago it caused between 30,000 and 40,000 Spaniards to migrate elsewhere.
Gibraltar meanwhile says it is ready and that it will not run out of food or "Panadol".

Here too then time is running out and here again it looks likely to be another case of EU self-harm.
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Chatterbox
Bread is offline
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 10,656
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
26-11-2020, 02:40 PM
20

Re: Barnier Issues Ultimatum!

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Because of the EU's stance Spain still hasn't reached agreement with the UK re: Gibraltar.
Around 15,000 Spaniards commute to work in Gibraltar from a part of Spain already suffering high unemployment.

When Franco closed the border decades ago it caused between 30,000 and 40,000 Spaniards to migrate elsewhere.
Gibraltar meanwhile says it is ready and that it will not run out of food or "Panadol".

Here too then time is running out and here again it looks likely to be another case of EU self-harm.
just move the border back into Spain by about 2 Km that should sort it

Whatever deal is going to be done, I doubt very much any member state will be able to veto it now. This happened in the Singapore agreement and it will happen again here. The EU will sign up the trade deal on behalf of the 27 and at the same time remove all national vetoes on trade deals. It also means that any other member state leaving can then be punished by the EU alone (as far as trade, access, security etc) is concerned - something they couldn't do with the UK as during Brexit, the EU was negotiating on behalf of the 27.

The next time, they will be negotiating on behalf of the commission only.

Mark my words....
 
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.