Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 06:02 PM

Re: False Nails.

No eye make up or face make up, only lipstick,Aeroler...any pics of you with or without eye make up?..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6516E8D4-C04D-435B-B148-4903BE03E79A.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	16224  
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rockchick ->
Hmm well, I'll jump in on this thread.
My nails are rubbish, they split downwards and no matter how many times i file them, I always managed to snag them and there you go another split, Ahh so frustrating. So last year I decided to go to a salon and get them done properly. At first I had acrylic nails done and left clear ( I just wanted the strength ). But now I have gel builder, its not as bad for your nails, so I'm told and read. I keep then quite short. But now I can go for nice subtle colours, I can't go too bold because of my job. ( and being in Male mode at work )
That is exactly the problem both my daughter and I have. My daughter even consulted her GP, and had nail clippings analysed, then referred to a dermatologist for investigation, but they could find no reason this kept happening. So like you, she now has her nails done at a salon using just the gel builder, and keeps them very short because she can't bear the look of 'false nails'. and likes them to look as near as her natural nails as possible.
Rockchick
Lancs UK
Rockchick is female 

10-07-2021, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Do you nip into a telephone box (not that there are many these days) to transform, like Superman/woman?
There’s not a phone box large enough for all my makeup, never mind me transforming into superwoman

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That is exactly the problem both my daughter and I have. My daughter even consulted her GP, and had nail clippings analysed, then referred to a dermatologist for investigation, but they could find no reason this kept happening. So like you, she now has her nails done at a salon using just the gel builder, and keeps them very short because she can't bear the look of 'false nails'. and likes them to look as near as her natural nails as possible.
It seems to be inherited with me, my mum has the same faults and apparently so did my grandad. I have it on more nails and have deep ridges to add to the problem. But yeah for gel builder :- . I do keep them short, but do like a bit of colour every now and again.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
No eye make up or face make up, only lipstick,Aeroler...any pics of you with or without eye make up?..
Nope......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 09:25 PM

This thread is now closed.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top