Join for free
Page 11 of 25 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 07:52 AM

Re: Future of the Monarchy

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What difference could it possibly make ?
Their services are financed by donations and the money made from their charity shops .( 500 shops manned by 5000 volunteers)
People who work in them give their time for free.
Well you will never know if you don't ask!
I have given donations to Save the Children & Riding for the disabled, rather than other charities, because I have respect for Princess Anne.
Not everybody has the same feelings about Royalty as you do & I think people are more willing to give to Charities that they are patrons of!
My few pounds won't make a massive difference, but there are many who think like me and , when you add up their contributions, it makes a big difference.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 08:16 AM

Twink I am going to agree to disagree with you on this one.
Most people donate to a charity because it resonates with them for some reason or other not because it has a royal as a patron.
The most popular charity in the U.K. is The British Heart Foundation ( Patron Prince Phillip) something I have just found out although I have donated to it since Mr M had his heart attack .
Most people have or know of someone who has suffered from heart trouble hence it is the one most people donate too .

I donate to two children’s charities I have no idea who their patrons are and several animal ones ditto . It make no difference to me because I know of the good work they do .
One is quite obscure and others are local ie the sanctuary where I got my dog . ( The Collie Spot Binfield)
The best way the royals can help a charity is by giving a fat cheque and perhaps they do I hope so .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 10:09 AM

I gave my time to RDA until recently.
Also visited with my dog until the virus ..a local care home.
Time is precious.
Only donate to help the aged where in India I help support a grandfather ...when I first started my financial support went to grandmother but years later I’m now older than the Indian granddad
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Twink I am going to agree to disagree with you on this one.
Most people donate to a charity because it resonates with them for some reason or other not because it has a royal as a patron.
The most popular charity in the U.K. is The British Heart Foundation ( Patron Prince Phillip) something I have just found out although I have donated to it since Mr M had his heart attack .
Most people have or know of someone who has suffered from heart trouble hence it is the one most people donate too .

I donate to two children’s charities I have no idea who their patrons are and several animal ones ditto . It make no difference to me because I know of the good work they do .
One is quite obscure and others are local ie the sanctuary where I got my dog . ( The Collie Spot Binfield)
The best way the royals can help a charity is by giving a fat cheque and perhaps they do I hope so .
Of course you have a different opinion Muddy, but I base my opinion on what people have told me. A lot feel that royal patronage means the donations are more secure, or the Royal patron would end their association!
I dont know if they give money to the charities, and probably nobody else does either, because that would show favoritism! As a patron they can give support & help by attending events that the charity have.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 11:02 AM

How much MONEY, mostly OUR money, do these "Royals" personally give to these things that they supposedly sponsor?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 11:45 AM

Nobody knows what they might be giving.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 12:39 PM

These organizations have "anonymous donors" so that might be royals or not but certainly they are significant donors who do not want publicity
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
These organizations have "anonymous donors" so that might be royals or not but certainly they are significant donors who do not want publicity
That's almost funny. Almost.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 12:17 PM

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...n-royal-family

The modern monarchy and its personalities are really a branch of showbusiness. And, like the celebs, they have to do some good in order to continue to command respect.

Apart from their formal duties, that means plenty of charity work and establishing schemes such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. It is no longer enough, as it has not been for some time, just to go around cutting ribbons, making bland speeches and pinning medals on to lollipop ladies.

As the chair of “The Firm”, succeeding his father, the Prince of Wales will have to show more wisdom than he did in the past. The death of Prince Philip marks a peak in the monarchy’s popularity, and of affection for the Queen; the future is much more uncertain than it seems.

At his age you would think he will be more cautious.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...n-royal-family

The modern monarchy and its personalities are really a branch of showbusiness. And, like the celebs, they have to do some good in order to continue to command respect.

Apart from their formal duties, that means plenty of charity work and establishing schemes such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. It is no longer enough, as it has not been for some time, just to go around cutting ribbons, making bland speeches and pinning medals on to lollipop ladies.

As the chair of “The Firm”, succeeding his father, the Prince of Wales will have to show more wisdom than he did in the past. The death of Prince Philip marks a peak in the monarchy’s popularity, and of affection for the Queen; the future is much more uncertain than it seems.

At his age you would think he will be more cautious.
Seemed to work out all right for you, Cinders!

"The prince knelt and held out the glass slipper for Cinderella. Her foot slipped into it with ease! Cinderella pulled the other glass slipper from her apron pocket and put it on, too.

“It fits!” shrieked the stepmother.

“It fits!” howled the stepsisters.

“It fits!” whispered the prince. He looked deep into Cinderella’s eyes and instantly knew she was the woman he was going to marry."

Page 11 of 25 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top