Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 04:01 PM

Re: Help for speeding.

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I saw that programme too. I suggest the ban imposed will only start once the miscreant applies for his first license.
I hope so. Something to look forward to!

I also hope that when they're sent to prison for 12 months and given a 12 month driving ban, the driving ban only begins after they've been released from prison.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hope so. Something to look forward to!

I also hope that when they're sent to prison for 12 months and given a 12 month driving ban, the driving ban only begins after they've been released from prison.
One can only hope so, otherwise what's the point of the ban?
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 09:47 AM

Did my on line speed awareness course on Thursday.Quite enjoyed the experience.Now I don't have a police record!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Did my on line speed awareness course on Thursday.Quite enjoyed the experience.Now I don't have a police record!
They are quite informative rhosyn, and you can re learn stuff, some people think they’re there just to lecture you, but I suppose it depends on the course, as long as you don’t do what I did and get caught again the following year
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
They are quite informative rhosyn, and you can re learn stuff, some people think they’re there just to lecture you, but I suppose it depends on the course, as long as you don’t do what I did and get caught again the following year
I agree.

Both Marge and I have been on one of those courses - the one where you physically attend, not the online one - and found it interesting and informative.

I suppose they serve their purpose and, of course, they still get their money from you which would otherwise be in the form of a fine.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top