Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:05 AM

Re: Reduction in car insurance premiums?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
In this case not only did it pay to make an official complaint but I believe doing so also makes companies very aware of the total dissatisfaction customers are feeling, hopefully perhaps spurring them on to improve their services.
Excellent result Baz. I completely agree - we're paying for a service, we expect a service!

On the other hand............there are genuine cases of poor service due to people not returning to their original jobs. Some of the pubs here are struggling to cope as a lot of their staff have found alternative jobs........and probably better paid too!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: Reduction in car insurance premiums?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
When I renewed last year I asked how I could reduce the premium and was told there was nothing I could do............unless I had a low mileage..........and it turns out I've had a low mileage for many years!!!

BUT Martin Lewis has recently sent an email saying insurance premiums are about to massively increase.
That doesn't surprise me one little bit. The insurance companies will be losing out on profits now because of what the ombudsman has ruled.

As a matter of interest, my car insurance hasn't changed by more than a fiver or so over the last 4 years since I moved to my current insurer. I've got to the stage, now, where it's almost not worth shopping around because I know there won't be much difference in premiums.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top