Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:28 AM

Re: I finished them!

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Gosh these looks so professional, and I am sure your wee granddaughter will be so pleased to wear them.
Thanks Last Tango. My little granddaughter absolutely loved them when I popped round with them last night. She wasn't so happy to try them on so I could pin the hems up though - she gets really angsty about me going anywhere near her with pins!!!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Top job Bathsheba 👍, can you make me some 44 chest and 29 inside leg...
Haha, sorry Barry, but the pattern only goes up to age 12
But thank you
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:29 AM

Wow sheba, they are fabulous. I can see why she'd be thrilled. I cant sew for toffee, you are an excellent seamstress. Will you make me some
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I have a four year old granddaughter, do you take orders?

That's something I've always said I would never do, unfortunately. The day I take orders would be the day my enjoyable hobby becomes 'work', and all the fun would go out of it!

But thanks for the compliment Ulla
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wow sheba, they are fabulous. I can see why she'd be thrilled. I cant sew for toffee, you are an excellent seamstress. Will you make me some
Aw thanks for those kind words LQ . But no, sorry, haha! This pattern only goes up to age 12 (and they were such a mare to make I don't think I ever want to sew a pair of dungarees again!!!)
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

09-06-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That's something I've always said I would never do, unfortunately. The day I take orders would be the day my enjoyable hobby becomes 'work', and all the fun would go out of it!

I agree Sheba. I feel the same way about my gardening.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
I agree Sheba. I feel the same way about my gardening.
Yes, I can understand that. If I were a much younger woman, I might think about my sewing as a way of supplementing my income - sorely needed when the kids were little and we had a mortgage.
If all the internet resources and help were around back in those days, I might have had a little sideline, who knows? Although I've been sewing for over 60 years, I have learnt more in the last 5 years, with all the online help, than I did in all the previous 55+ years!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:01 AM

Great stuff!
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->

Great job with the dungarees, Bathsheba.

I know what you mean about taking orders. I feel the same way with my photography - the moment I take a commission my hobby becomes a chore.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Great stuff!
Thank you Muddy

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top