Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 08:58 PM

Re: Forming Attachments

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If you are attracting newcomers, Tesco isn't what you need
Tesco is for me, Pixie.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Tesco is for me, Pixie.
Pick up some bleach then, and you'll find that woman appearing from thin air!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:07 PM

Pick up some bleach then, and you'll find that woman appearing from thin air!
I don't need the woman, I've got my flies.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have just one fly in my living room at the moment Harbal. He/she? (How can you tell?) only arrived this morning so I'm not emotionally attached in any way. It's one of those dopey looking things that limp around the house and keep landing on my arm in the same spot, despite the fact that I have tried swatting it several times with the TV remote.

I have nicknamed it Dopey B******s or DB for short.
If it's on the phone, it's a she...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
If it's on the phone, it's a she...
Harbal
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 01:35 PM

I've made an observation. Actually, I'm always making observations, but they are normally too trivial to mention. This observation just made it under the bar, but not without bumping its head.

The original two flies (A&B) completely ignored each other. No interaction whatsoever. This new pairing, however, is quite different. When fly A died -although it could have been fly B that died; it's hard to say- and fly C took its place, the two behaved just the same as A&B did. But now, they seem to have teamed up, and they also seem to be having a negative influence on one another. It's as if they are egging each other on. The behaviour of both fly B and fly C is far naughtier than was the case with fly A and fly B. They are walking on far more forbidden surfaces. I think it may be necessary for me to take action.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I've made an observation. Actually, I'm always making observations, but they are normally too trivial to mention. This observation just made it under the bar, but not without bumping its head.

The original two flies (A&B) completely ignored each other. No interaction whatsoever. This new pairing, however, is quite different. When fly A died -although it could have been fly B that died; it's hard to say- and fly C took its place, the two behaved just the same as A&B did. But now, they seem to have teamed up, and they also seem to be having a negative influence on one another. It's as if they are egging each other on. The behaviour of both fly B and fly C is far naughtier than was the case with fly A and fly B. They are walking on far more forbidden surfaces. I think it may be necessary for me to take action.
You are clearly having a bad influence on them, Harbal. They were good and decent flies before they came to you. Now you have ruined them!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Now you have ruined them!
Not yet, Pixie, but I fear it may be imminent.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 02:28 PM

They sound like a couple of fly-by-nights.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 05:12 PM

What will you do if they lay eggs and have babies Harbal. Flies are notoriously bad at parenthood.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top