Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

08-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Re: England charged over laser pen incident .....

Sadly, I believe you're wrong regarding the Danish player who was singled out. This isn't the first time I've seen or heard this behaviour from English fans, it's becoming more and more common.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
The English fans showed their usual good sportsmanship by once again booing during the Danish National Anthem and every time a Danish player got the ball.

I hate to say this but Forza Italia!!
Yes, we're a nation of yobs.

I'm embarrassed to be British sometimes. How things have changed in society over my relatively short lifetime.

I believe all our problems now can be traced to the doorsteps of the do-gooders.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

08-07-2021, 02:12 PM

This isn't the first time I've seen or heard this behaviour from English fans, it's becoming more and more common.
It's very sad, Ullabi. Another idea might be to have breathaliser tests on the gate. Too much alcohol can bring out the worst in many people.

Thankfully, one too many sends me the other way. I just want to get my tickling stick out and run around with me Ken Dodd outfit on!

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
A question for our photography members:-

Would it be possible to touch up a photo, such as this, with a green blob?

As for the "extra football, on the pitch, I have noted, at previous game, that, when a loose kick sends a ball up into the crowd, the supporters often hang on to it - only to throw it back later in the game.

These. as most football fans know, are just a method of mitigating it when you lose!
As others have said yes very easily but the question of copywrite crops up . If you alter a photo does the copywrite still belong to the originator of the photo or does it belong to your alteration making it infact a new photo. or are there now 2 copywrites?

I don't know the answer
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Just watched a re-run of the penalty.
First camera shows the green light moving around at the front and side of his head.
Second camera shot shows green light moving at the same side but the green light also is moving at the back of Kaspers head.?
Mmmmmm why did I not notice this last night.?

Also Ullabi I never said England were angels infact I would say quite the opposite.
But I believe that last nights match was a deserved win to England.
That spare ball was way over in the corner away from the penalty box. Plus I have said earlier we deserved at least one penalty out of two don't you think.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 03:42 PM

The use of a pin-point laser pen can be clearly seen in this article and a video from BBC Sport.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/07/08/foot...86_152486.html
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
The use of a pin-point laser pen can be clearly seen in this article and a video from BBC Sport.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/07/08/foot...86_152486.html
I agree longdriver, somebody clearly shining a light at his face !!
Can only be English fan surely ??
Regarding the extra ball, aren't the officials during the match
appointed by Uefa ?
On the match itself l think England made most of the running
particularly towards the end ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:28 PM

Sadly, I believe you're wrong regarding the Danish player who was singled out. This isn't the first time I've seen or heard this behaviour from English fans, it's becoming more and more common.
Yes, the English fans tend to be hooligans Ulabi !
But the players are generally good sports and obey the officials
with little argument unlike some of the continental teams !
Regarding diving l believe this practice originated abroad, but has
now become general practice among all teams unfortunately !
This is now ruining the game imo, it has become a must have skill
for all aspiring footballers !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 06:50 PM

Regarding the extra ball on the field, if it's positioned on the field of play that could pose an indirect or direct obstruction to any of the players then the referee should put a halt to play and have the extra ball removed, but you have to bare in mind that the referee has to SEE the potential obstruction or for a player or players to inform the referee that there is an obstruction on the pitch. The referee did not see the extra ball and no player brought it to the attention of the referee.

If the referee did not stop the game due to the extra ball on the pitch then it was the responsibility of ANY of the Denmark players to immediately bring it to the attention of the referee. The fact the Denmark players carried on playing means they were not bothered by the ball being there.

It's no good losing and then people coming to their defence saying 'but the extra ball was an obstruction and the rules say the game should have been stopped'. Not bringing the issue up at the time it should have been raised and then complaining hours or days later just goes to show bad sportsman like behaviour from all those who are using it as an excuse to have a moan at England.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 07:14 PM

Football always brings out the worst in some people .... and ignites the mob mentality.

So what's wrong with booing the opposition? Absolutely nothing. I might hiss too if I'd had a few.

The laser pen incident was another matter.
Isn't there safety concerns over them concerning damaging eyesight. At the very least the distraction was bad sportsmanship.

On the other hand ... after reading what a Danish journalist penned about the match I lost any sense of sympathy toward Denmark.
I'm less than impressed with them as I'm at a total loss as to what Covid has to do with a football match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-England.html

'It is no coincidence that the third wave began in the British Isles and that it is so much more dramatic than elsewhere.

'Nor is it God's random punishment that the country has the most corona deaths in Europe. It could have been avoided... but it was not avoided because the leadership is too "poor."

'And the corona fad is not an exception, but characteristic of a country that is so convinced of its exceptionalism that it even thinks itself exempt from a pandemic.'

He concluded 'Let them party... And instead rejoice that you have woken up in Denmark today.'
As I said, football must just bring out the worst in people... including the losers.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top