Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:35 PM

Re: I don’t like football

Tbh, I’m not a huge football fan, I used to be as a kid, but I now prefer motorsports, however, I do like watching the euros and the World Cup, I guess it takes me back to when me and my dad used to watch it, hoping England would get to the final…I wish he were still here to see today’s match…
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:36 PM

i like how the camera man focuses on foreign fans but then when it comes to english fans thats a no
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
i like how the camera man focuses on foreign fans but then when it comes to english fans thats a no
He might be pregnant! 😐
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
He might be pregnant! 😐
On the other hand though … ?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:50 PM

Well at least if nothing else it does allow others, who feel the same way, to express this. I am another who doesn't follow football. That is for various reasons, many of them 'historical', which are far too involved to go into here.
Did some rough nasty council estate oik kick you on the pitch?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Well at least if nothing else it does allow others, who feel the same way, to express this.
Is it very important to have the opportunity to express it? I don't find that failing to express my distaste for something inhibits my ability to dislike it.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
... I like the Women's football, they behave much better then the Men.
I don't mind women's football, but it would be much better if they could just speed it up a bit.

Here's my solution. It's very simple. Just scale the size of the pitch and goals down to be suitable for the average woman!

Suppose we created a model which compared men and women in terms of aspects related to football, and an algorithm found that an average woman is, say, 0.85 of an average man.

Then simply scale the football pitch so that a typical women's pitch is 85% the size of a man's pitch. My hypothesis is that a typical women's football match would appear every bit as fast and exciting as men's football match!

Women's football would become a lot more popular, and women would be able to increase their incomes, perhaps to the same level as men.

However, I suspect that most female footballers would not agree to this because many of them seem to be so arrogant, and have this silly belief that they are physically equal, on average, to men.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Is it very important to have the opportunity to express it? I don't find that failing to express my distaste for something inhibits my ability to dislike it.
Bingo!
This is more a general comment, rather than a dig at anyone per se, but, it amazes me the amount of people who say they're not interested in football, but then they go out of their way to make comments about the game.

I'm not interested in Tennis, Rugby, Netball, or transgender kite flying (other sports are available), so guess what.....I don't comment about them.

Easy..
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
LOL! Brilliant image, Feey!
Vlad
West Midlands UK

11-07-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I don't mind women's football, but it would be much better if they could just speed it up a bit.

Here's my solution. It's very simple. Just scale the size of the pitch and goals down to be suitable for the average woman!

Suppose we created a model which compared men and women in terms of aspects related to football, and an algorithm found that an average woman is, say, 0.85 of an average man.

Then simply scale the football pitch so that a typical women's pitch is 85% the size of a man's pitch. My hypothesis is that a typical women's football match would appear every bit as fast and exciting as men's football match!

Women's football would become a lot more popular, and women would be able to increase their incomes, perhaps to the same level as men.

However, I suspect that most female footballers would not agree to this because many of them seem to be so arrogant, and have this silly belief that they are physically equal, on average, to men.
What a load of tosh!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top