Join for free
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:42 PM

Another interesting concept with electric cars …

Electric cars: Man named after service station plans motorway ‘revolution’

"Toddington Harper thinks he may have been destined to transform the motorway network since his parents named him after Toddington services on the M1 in Bedfordshire."

"The businessman from Iver, in Buckinghamshire, is promising to make major improvements at motorway service stations allowing more drivers to charge the batteries of their electric vehicles quickly and efficiently."

I wonder about the eventual cost of charging electric cars anyway. We will probably all be aware
that motorway service stations usually have the most expensive fuel prices, so when it comes to charging electric cars, I just wonder …

What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57768411
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 10:23 PM

Re: Another interesting concept with electric cars …

Tod operates from Thorney Weir House, Thorney Mill Lane, Iver; which I know fairly well as I used to own a house along Wood Lane. If Tod thinks he can make a some fast money form this venture/idea then good luck to him. Come on Tod, put Iver on the big map 👌👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2021, 10:38 AM

If electric vehicles are to take off, then something like that needs
to take place l think Baz ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Tod operates from Thorney Weir House, Thorney Mill Lane, Iver; which I know fairly well as I used to own a house along Wood Lane. If Tod thinks he can make a some fast money form this venture/idea then good luck to him. Come on Tod, put Iver on the big map 👌👍
There will be a lot of money made out of the changeover to electric cars I reckon, starting with buying the car itself. I found this website which, time permitting, provides a lot of information. A quick read showed car prices from £25,000 (MG5) up to an eye-watering £73,000 (Audi). I feel the prices will be beyond the reach of the average working person, I believe retirees need to hope there's a decent bus service close by:

https://www.nextgreencar.com/electric-cars/

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If electric vehicles are to take off, then something like that needs to take place l think Baz?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes, I quite agree with you. The roll-out of EV charging points, when it's considered that compared to the current mileage ability of petrol / diesel cars, seems very slow. Even more so in rural areas such as where I live. Now the nearest petrol garage is five miles away, an electric charging point even further. Bear in mind that the year it's expected there will be no more petrol / diesel vehicles built is only nine years' away (2030), there has to be a massive speed up of EV charging points.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55894912

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top