Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 06:57 PM

Re: New shoes

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I like that kind of sandal styling....here are two of my bargain buys
.Top ones leather with leopard pattern the other leather light navy and a very low heel which I wear a lot.

Not aloud to drive in the light navy ones here, as they have no back strap... One a local Shop and the other Lands End online..pricey but sale times are good....

I have never worn high heels in my life as I am tall..Sister is the same height and does wear medium heels,,we all are individuals of course and our tastes are too....

My style as well Dianne, really nice,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
There is a superstition that bad luck will come to a person who places shoes on a table. Supposedly relates to the coal mining industry. When a miner died in a colliery accident, his shoes were placed on the table as a sign of respect.
As you aren’t a miner are you no? You should be ok

Gosh, that took me back, Chillie.
I remember my old Mum always saying that. She'd go mad if we came home and put new shoes on the table.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Gosh, that took me back, Chillie.
I remember my old Mum always saying that. She'd go mad if we came home and put new shoes on the table.
Yes Mups late mother in law used to be the same.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 08:20 PM

Lovely Pauline! Enjoy them!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top