Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:43 PM

Succulent rock garden & my pepper tree

My Saturday morning project- a succulent rock garden thingie. This is on my roadside curb…

And here’s my pepper tree - or what’s left of it

Now, it’s time to get started on a late afternoon dinner/tea - prawns with lemon rice. I promise to share the recipe
No salad today because everyone panicked and the shops are empty. I don’t understand why people do that

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	50DD0F72-F498-40DD-B029-27C810052147.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	16323   Click image for larger version

Name:	41F129A6-9588-443A-9581-460B3EE0A739.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	16324  
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:33 PM

Re: Succulent rock garden & my pepper tree

Very Nice Start, should imagine you use stoney/ gritty soil?

The pepper tree, that's a first for me, never seen one before.
They look like you've stuck then on...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Very Nice Start, should imagine you use stoney/ gritty soil?

The pepper tree, that's a first for me, never seen one before.
They look like you've stuck then on...
Thanks - yes DW but first I filled up the deep pot with building sand that I had lying around. Then a nice layer of topsoil and some fertiliser. Let’s see if they grow. It’s a bit of a shady spot. Watch this space.

Those are chilli peppers. They are very hot. I’ve been picking them so that all that’s left.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Thanks - yes DW but first I filled up the deep pot with building sand that I had lying around. Then a nice layer of topsoil and some fertiliser. Let’s see if they grow. It’s a bit of a shady spot. Watch this space.

Those are chilli peppers. They are very hot. I’ve been picking them so that all that’s left.
I thought that was Chillie Peppers and was only joking..
.I see loads of photos of bell pepper plants and they use plastic completely covering the soil. keep them disease free and clean I guess....I like to grow courgettes for the flowers are really nice...Potato crop has been very tasty and Tomatoes are now quite large but very geen still..few weeks and they will be on my plate...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 04:38 PM

I thought that was Chillie Peppers and was only joking..
.I see loads of photos of bell pepper plants and they use plastic completely covering the soil. keep them disease free and clean I guess....I like to grow courgettes for the flowers are really nice...Potato crop has been very tasty and Tomatoes are now quite large but very geen still..few weeks and they will be on my plate...
Ooh you must share some pics of your harvest
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

17-07-2021, 05:18 PM

Only the Potato's....home grown
having typical British Dinner tonight.. Meat Pie with Potatoes Peas and Corn Cobs with Rich Gravy...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:24 AM

My chilli plants sometime survive winter but no chance this year. I grow the small but deadly ones.

After harvesting there are usually so many chillies that I dry them and grind them up into a powder, I have enough for years after last summers harvest so will wait a before planting more.

I have often thought of growing my own black pepper (it is a vine) but haven't been able to find a supplier yet but it might only survive in the tropics. I have friends in Malaysia that grow them but they sell them to processors.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:26 AM

Very cool pepper tree. I like peppers very much.
You seem to be a great gardener.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 01:30 AM

The succulents look very promising Minx. Also look forward to the prawns and lemon rice recipe which sounds delish.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 08:11 AM

Only the Potato's....home grown
having typical British Dinner tonight.. Meat Pie with Potatoes Peas and Corn Cobs with Rich Gravy...
That’s lovely DW. One of the best parts of cooking is popping out into the garden for some fresh herbs. I can’t really grow carrot and potatoes here - the soil is very hard. I’m trying my hand at some nuts though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top