Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:09 AM

Who's a Clever Cockie then?

They may be clever but the much smaller Rainbow Lorikeets scare them off in my garden

Only one sneeks in when I am sitting on the patio.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:15 AM

Re: Who's a Clever Cockie then?

Very Clever Clucker. ..Bruce do you happen to be in the Perth Region?
you can tell I am looking for a favour if you are...
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:18 AM

That really is pretty amazing isn't it? Though perhaps we simply don't credit birds with enough intelligence, and maybe we shouldn't be amazed at their ability to solve problems. It's long been known that crows will drop pebbles into a bucket of water to raise the level of the water enough for them to drink from it, or retrieve food floating in it.

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:19 AM

My true Uncle Les, he is in his late 90's and apart from feed all the local birds he has some dementia....Last few months his phone is dead..first it had an American voice answerphone, without letting me leave a message though..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Very Clever Clucker. ..Bruce do you happen to be in the Perth Region?
you can tell I am looking for a favour if you are...
I'm afraid Perth is a touch under 4000km from Wollongong and the WA border has been slammed shut to all residents of NSW.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

23-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Ok no probs..could not see on your profile where you were..I have a friend David Jones of all names and he has moved down from Perth to Denmark. He did say when we talk on messenger the other day that he tried his phone also and it is dead...He is going up to his kids places in Perth late summer and he is going around his house to see if he can find out anything....Cheers Bruce..

David to the right and My husband to the left..he was best man to his first late wife...Younguns for sure, wow where do the years go,,,and of course there is a whole story why he ended up in Aussieland after the tragic death of his Wife...Hubster still has that tie...lol..not much hair though!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 10:25 AM

Some birds are so clever
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

23-07-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That really is pretty amazing isn't it? Though perhaps we simply don't credit birds with enough intelligence, and maybe we shouldn't be amazed at their ability to solve problems. It's long been known that crows will drop pebbles into a bucket of water to raise the level of the water enough for them to drink from it, or retrieve food floating in it.

.We use to camp next to a beach called Winchelsea East Sussex and the Crows were very friendly to the campers..food you see...yes, they were clever and thieves, would sit on your shoulder as well...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:18 PM

I live parrots, they are so intelligent. I have an African Grey and he is so funny.

If you very never seen a video called Look Who's Talking you need to search the net, its amazing. There is a bare eyed cockatoo who is owned by an Australian woman and its an absolute scream, ilwhen its naughty it shouts out, NOW CUT IT OUT . Too funny. In fact I think I'll go look for it myself and watch it for the 100th time lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top