Join for free
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,908
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-07-2021, 06:20 PM
1

Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

http://https://i.imgur.com/FIx5doN.jpg


1. Who is this?

2. What is the event?

3. Why is it important ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ABE9D017-1634-4A00-B044-D56B1C217097.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	16421


Tiffany's Avatar
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Tiffany is offline
Devon
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 14,088
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-07-2021, 07:32 PM
2

Re: Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

Something to do with the private rocket into space that people who can afford it are going on?
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,908
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-07-2021, 07:43 PM
3

Re: Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Something to do with the private rocket into space that people who can afford it are going on?
Hi Tiffany, thatís really close but since no one besides you wanted to answer it most probably due to Quiz fatigue, hereís the answer:

The Man in the picture broke the sound barrier during free fall. He is Felix Baumgartner. On October 12,2012 , he launched from almost 39,000 meters in free fall reaching a top speed of almost 1358 km/h.

Yet another useless fact in my head
Roj Blake's Avatar
Roj Blake
Senior Member
Roj Blake is offline
London,UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 671
Roj Blake is male 
 
27-07-2021, 08:00 PM
4

Re: Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Hi Tiffany, thatís really close but since no one besides you wanted to answer it most probably due to Quiz fatigue, hereís the answer:

The Man in the picture broke the sound barrier during free fall. He is Felix Baumgartner. On October 12,2012 , he launched from almost 39,000 meters in free fall reaching a top speed of almost 1358 km/h.

Yet another useless fact in my head
Hi Minx
I was giving someone else a chance,that's why I did'nt answer.
Keep the quizzes coming.
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,908
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
27-07-2021, 08:38 PM
5

Re: Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Hi Minx
I was giving someone else a chance,that's why I did'nt answer.
Keep the quizzes coming.
I see Roj. Apologies. Again. I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

Thereís just a few members who enjoy Quizzes and Trivia. So, feel free to answer

Next time Iíll be good and not answer everything. We can tag team if you like
Roj Blake's Avatar
Roj Blake
Senior Member
Roj Blake is offline
London,UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 671
Roj Blake is male 
 
27-07-2021, 08:52 PM
6

Re: Quiz by Picture - Popular Culture

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I see Roj. Apologies. Again. I seem to be saying that a lot lately.

Thereís just a few members who enjoy Quizzes and Trivia. So, feel free to answer

Next time Iíll be good and not answer everything. We can tag team if you like

No problem.
 

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.