Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Brexit 2 Starts at the Next Election!

You heard all about the idea that the referendum should be run again and again until they get the right result.

We must consider such an idea for forthcoming elections.

If we really want to get out of the EU, we have to keep trying!

Getting bored is a result for the other side!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Re: Brexit 2 Starts at the Next Election!

Ted by the time of the next general election we will have left the EU and be in the transition period hopefully with a new team of negotiators on both sides.

I hope I have seen my last referendum, I have voted in 2 regarding the Common Market/EU and that should be enough for anyone.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ted by the time of the next general election we will have left the EU and be in the transition period hopefully with a new team of negotiators on both sides.

I hope I have seen my last referendum, I have voted in 2 regarding the Common Market/EU and that should be enough for anyone.
True Meg,

I should have made it more clear that I meant that the Election would be the right vehicle to start all over.

I wasn't thinking "referendum".

One thing crossing my mind is that failure to get out, now, is not the end of the road.

In spite of all the tedium, which ensues, giving up is not an option.

We can start all over and keep doing so.

That'll worry them!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

10-09-2019, 09:11 AM

It's now clear that the "Will of the people" concept is a dead duck for this year.

2019 will end as one of the most anti democracy years of all time.

Bercow, by not leaving his post until the 21st, will continue to make sure Brexit is killed this year.

The lack of a majority will stop Boris and, when he is finally allowed an election, he may win but might be rapidly replaced by another remain friendly MP.

Question is, do we just let it all go and accept ever increasing control, from the EU, or do we restart the whole thing in 2020?

Do we say "It's not worth the bother" or do we have a reset and get going again?

I say "Reboot & Start All over!"

It's never easy.

Here's to BREXIT 2020.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

24-12-2019, 11:42 AM

And, Lo and Behold, here we are.

I think we're leaving!

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
And, Lo and Behold, here we are.

I think we're leaving!

My goodness I think we are Ted crack open the English sparkling wine

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top