Join for free
Page 275 of 276 « First < 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 07:50 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I think you should all step back and just wait....it's true we might not hear what has become of Ffosse but that's the reality of forums...if Ffosse or the family want to keep people here informed they will but trying to force that to happen could be viewed as an invasion of their privacy.

I know it's hard but it's how it is with online friendships....chin up everyone....let's just wait and hope for the best.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think you should all step back and just wait....it's true we might not hear what has become of Ffosse but that's the reality of forums...if Ffosse or the family want to keep people here informed they will but trying to force that to happen could be viewed as an invasion of their privacy.

I know it's hard but it's how it is with online friendships....chin up everyone....let's just wait and hope for the best.
I agree Summer. We will only know more if he, or his relatives, choose to tell us...... and if there is bad news they may not wish to do so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Totally agree, Summer.
People mean well, but what if others want to keep family news private?

After all, his sister probably doesn't know us from Adam, so why would she contact a forum?
I say leave it alone now.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

After all, his sister probably doesn't know us from Adam, so why would she contact a forum?
If her brother asked her to I think she would.

This forum and the people on it seemed to mean a lot to Ffosse. I think he may have asked his sister to contact us.

It's happened on other forums that I've been on.

Anyway I agree - we can do no more.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I just phoned the hospital. pretending to be Ffosse's cousin who had been abroad for 2 weeks.

They were very helpful in ringing round for me to locate the wards he had been on.

However - in the end they are refusing to give any details out except to Richards next of kin - his sister Ann.

I think he may have left his passwords with Ann so maybe she will come on here & talk to us.

There's no other way now of finding out.
Carol, I am shocked at your action. If you care so much, why didn’t you visit the hospital instead of telling lies.
They have probably told Ffosse his cousin has rung and he will be wondering who on earth it is?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Carol, I am shocked at your action. If you care so much, why didn’t you visit the hospital instead of telling lies.
They have probably told Ffosse his cousin has rung and he will be wondering who on earth it is?

Well thanks for that Art.. You've never liked me since I reported you for making an obscene post.

I have no idea which hospital he was in. All I had given me was a phone number. I did it on behalf of the forum member who wanted to know.

The nurse I spoke to sounded Scottish and she took some understanding on the phone. I was beginning to wish I hadn't bothered.

As for telling him his cousin has rung - I hope they do.
It will mean he's alive.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 01:00 PM

I agree with Summer. The internet must be the last thing on Ffosse's family's mind right now. We just have to accept that we may never find out what has happened.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 01:07 PM

Okay okay stop it. The last thing Ffosse would want is bickering in his thread, even at this stage. This is precisely why I didn't want to ring the hospital or try to get in touch with his sister, although I do agree that Carol did her best. Art - she is concerned like all of us and you are out of order calling her a liar!
Enough.

What about if his sister is finding it all incredibly hard to deal with? She may have personal effects and finances (or a funeral?) to sort out.

We have no idea and it's worrying and frustating, yes but we can do nothing here now except keep looking in occasionally and hoping that maybe Ffosse will post again one day. Let's hope so.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree with Summer. The internet must be the last thing on Ffosse's family's mind right now. We just have to accept that we may never find out what has happened.
Exactly.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

13-05-2019, 01:09 PM

I agree.

Page 275 of 276 « First < 175 225 265 273 274 275 276 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top