Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 03:01 PM

Coffee House

I went into a well known coffee bistro today,..sat with a nice cappuccino,once finished,I popped to their toilet.

I could not believe the state that the toilet ,.....floor was in.

I had to use toilet paper moistened with a blob of hand soap,to wash the seat,..absolute disgrace.

I complained....how would you have addressed the situation,..bearing in mind that the coffee shop was full?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Re: Coffee House

I have, would & do complain anywhere if the loo's are disgusting. The worst ones are those will a single loo so you have no choice. In some places I have actually used cleaner portaloos than in some cafe/coffee shops.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Not the fault of said shop maybe , consider it might be due to previous users ?
I would complain to the manager whether the shop was full of not .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Hi Zuleika.

I can assure you,that the toilet hadn't been cleaned in quite some time,I gave it a thorough inspection,

It sounds quite sad me doing that,..I had to sit on the rim of the toilet,that part was the easiest to clean.

If I had tried to clean the seat itself,i would have been there for hours.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 03:25 PM

Whoo hoo! I'm the wrong one to ask!

First off I'd have used my kiddie phone to take pictures and then returned into the cafe area and very loudly and very publicly raised merry bloody hell!

Let people know the state of the bogs and point out that it shows a very cavalier attitude towards hygiene so think again before putting anything further in their mouths.

No doubt the police would have been called but so what? What are they going to do?

Ask me to leave? BIG DEAL!

All good material to take to the MSM that fall over themselves for stories such as it would be - and they will pay big bucks, especially with pictures. We're talking four figures, none of them pennies!

But that's me.

But don't think for a moment that I would not do it. Trust me, I really would.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:04 PM

We've done it before but usually quietly. Most often, just pointing out the problem rather than loudly complaining is enough. The staff usually say they'll get somebody on to it.

I think sometimes the management can't keep a constant eye on the cleanliness of the toilet and the state of it often depends on the standards of those who have used the toilet just before you have.

If the grime in the toilet looks to be the result of more than 4-5 hours of neglect, then maybe a real complaint is in order.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Pauline you were a bit slow there ,according to TAT you ought to have whipped your phone out not set about cleaning.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:26 PM

I can never understand why women's loo's get so messy. Loo paper all over the floors, blocked sinks, taps left on, loo's not flushed, pee on seats, sometimes worse than pee, can't believe women are that messy. Makes you wonder what their own home bathrooms are like. I always wipe the seat before I sit down just in case.
Can't comment on men's loo's as I never go in them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

25-06-2019, 04:34 PM

Pauline you were a bit slow there ,according to TAT you ought to have whipped your phone out not set about cleaning.
My phone doesn't take pictures.

Even if it did,I wouldn't have done that.

She was the manager,Zuleika,surely it was her duty to check these toilet facilities ?

It really was disgusting...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:37 PM

We use disabled persons toilets. They're usually not too bad but we always use a small disinfectant spray on the toilet seat anyway. The toilets in department stores are most often the cleanest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top