Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Giving to charity..

There are a couple of charities that I send a donation to but I have learnt a lesson... I realise now, that they forward your details to other charities and I was inundated by mail and phone calls. Now, when I send a donation - i do so anonymosly. Just put the cheque in the post to them....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Re: Giving to charity..

A wise observation Pats I tend to give anonymously anyway ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A wise observation Pats I tend to give anonymously anyway ...
Yes - I was a bit 'slow' there Meg......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 08:14 PM

Must say that I've not had that problem Pats CG, I contribute to a couple of charities by direct debit and if any others were to contact me I would more than likely just bin the mail....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Must say that I've not had that problem Pats CG, I contribute to a couple of charities by direct debit and if any others were to contact me I would more than likely just bin the mail....
Trouble is - I shred 'everything' and this gets a bit tedious...
Anyway, problem solved now....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 12:56 PM

The RSPCA is the worst apparently (not that I would give a penny to that appalling organisation!) If you ring them for any reason, you then get bombarded with requests for donations.
I would rather donate my time than money (not that I have a choice - disposable income being pretty much non-existent) and put a lot of hours into our own national canine welfare group and as much as possible into the Starlight Foundation - an amazing charity that works with seriously and terminally ill children and their families.

Mick
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
There are a couple of charities that I send a donation to but I have learnt a lesson... I realise now, that they forward your details to other charities and I was inundated by mail and phone calls. Now, when I send a donation - i do so anonymosly. Just put the cheque in the post to them....
Never had that problem, I would have thought it counter productive to give your info to other charities.

I do occasionally get mail from the ones I do donate to but I manage to cope with the arduous task of recycling their correspondence every six months or so.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Never had that problem, I would have thought it counter productive to give your info to other charities.

I do occasionally get mail from the ones I do donate to but I manage to cope with the arduous task of recycling their correspondence every six months or so.

I thought the same thing - why pass on my details - but they do... Incognito - from now on....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 02:34 PM

I sponsor a dog through The Dogs Trust and also give to Battersea Dogs and Cats home and not been approached by anyone else. Loads of junk mail of course but no personal approaches.

On the subject the TV seems to be full of charity ads at the moment. If I see another starving baby in Africa I shall scream.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 07:28 PM

On the subject the TV seems to be full of charity ads at the moment. If I see another starving baby in Africa I shall scream. [[/QUOTE]]

they are going to make the adverts more upbeat this year. Too much doom and gloom they said.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top