Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:17 AM

Re: Men are worth it!

Now lets examine this from another angle, men tended in the past to be the bread winner and the woman supplemented the household wages, were not in places of power etc and a culture of rewarding men grew up as it benefited the entire family. It wasn't strange to see factories where women earned less than men because generally we did different jobs. None of us complained as we knew we all had a place and it worked. Then mechanisation came in and suddenly women could work alongside men as the lifting and carrying had been taken out of the equation and women fought for equal pay as they did equal work.

Bonuses were awarded on merit and amount of production worked well in the factories I worked in.

In the cleaning industry the same things have happened except in a slightly different way, as mens wages have been dropped to the rate women are paid at and we all really lost out.

How does it work in other industries ? Because bonuses in the places I have worked have all been on merit for many years.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Exactly. And that is how it should be today in my opinion. Women stay at home or do lowly type jobs - knitting or something - and men to the real work and make the decisions . Women's lib? Piff...
I have always been more than happy with that and now that I find myself alone, often yearn for those evenings I spent after a hard day's work, ironing handkerchieves, shirts and knickers, darning socks etc. whilst my OH got on with the important things in life ..... watching telly, drinking beer, smoking cigars, sleeping, dropping food on the floor ..... *sighs*
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I have always been more than happy with that and now that I find myself alone, often yearn for those evenings I spent after a hard day's work, ironing handkerchieves, shirts and knickers, darning socks etc. whilst my OH got on with the important things in life ..... watching telly, drinking beer, smoking cigars, sleeping, dropping food on the floor ..... *sighs*
See it works both ways .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
See it works both ways .

AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:47 PM

My first knee jerk reaction to the OP was

Seriously Dude?

However, I'm feeling particularly honest today.. I have had the opportunity to work for and with BOTH men and women. Men as a rule are easier. Has anyone worked in a office or a situation with ALL women? It can be a mine field. Normally, I hate to generalize... but it's usually turns out to be a war zone. It kind of makes me embarrassed. We women tend to be our own worse enemies.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:27 PM

Working with men is much nicer than with women. Much calmer atmosphere. I think women should stay at home and let the men do the breadwinning. Funny but, I've been at home much more since I got rid of both my wasbands!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:35 PM

I don't think women should stay at home and let men do the breadwinning... I really like winning my own bread. What I think is that women should learn to get along with other women and stop being so competative and catty toward each other. It's that crap that makes it hard for women to be taken seriously in the workplace.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:14 PM

In my former incarnation as a middle manager in commerce my key workers, including my right hand man, were always women. Women have their say & then get over & on with the job, Men niggle, then say they're gonna do it, but try to sabotage the work.
Women take no shite from women with their "troubles", Men are terrified of women crying.

THen I might add , my mother was a woman.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 10:23 PM

I would echo Robert - I find that women do tend to just get on with the job without all the 'look at the flair I have boys' that you often get from men - they always seem to need a 'parade and a fanfare (fanfair?) for everything they do! I've also had both male and female bosses and I got on okay with them and can't honestly say one was worse or better than the other.
AudreyII
USA

21-08-2013, 10:32 PM

I have worked in a predominantly female field for 30 years.. Perhaps British women are different.. but here.. women will destroy one another.. Back stab.. gossip... sabotage... and worse.. It's pretty viscious in an all women work place.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top