Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 08:50 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I sometimes regret not pursuing the job I had assembling printed circuit boards, by now, I could have been a solderer of fortune.

Cor you missed out on a good earner there. Fortune favours the bold and you could now be a wealthy jeweller with all those throwaway circuit boards going to waste. Earings, Rings, bracelets, cuff links etc ...still wasn't to be so keep solderering on hey

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 11:23 AM

We have all got horror stories of those 'gone wrong' deliveries but this has to take the prize.

Our Hermes hero no doubt in training for the next Olympic shot put trials tries chucking the parcel onto the balcony but can't quite make it so....thinking quickly as you do, gets onto the van top for a better shot at it...and still misses. You could not make this up in your wildest dreams

Moral of the story..best forget the Olympic dream

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:51 PM

Been hearing about a conspiracy theory that Vegetarians are planning for world domination, headed by a think tank known as the Hallouminati.
solo
UK

22-06-2019, 10:05 AM

Been hearing about a conspiracy theory that Vegetarians are planning for world domination, headed by a think tank known as the Hallouminati.
Nah I'm not listening to any of them there constipiracy rumours. Time for me morning cuppa.:

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 11:10 AM

Thanks Solo and Mags for your good wishes on our departure to Wexford.
We enjoyed ourselves down there and the weather was good considering the way it’s been on these isles recently.
I always enjoy the train journey down there, not too short and not too long, the track runs along the east coast with some beautiful scenery.
We got talking to a lovely elderly couple from Leeds on the train down, his grandfather came from Gorey town and he still has some relations there, this was his first trip to Ireland and he was as excited as a child at Christmas, I’m sure he’ll enjoy it, Gorey is a lovely little town with excellent pubs and very friendly people.

Plenty to bite on and chew here now, so I’ll let it all sink in and come back later.

Would you believe the hedge has grown another 6 inches high since I last cut it? that was about six or seven weeks ago, I’m astonished, must have been all the rain we had, ah well I’ll soon put a stop to that when she unleashes me with my trusty new trimmer, the Texas chainsaw massacre will be left in the ha'penny place.
Who was that when asked did he like flowers said “Yes I do, I like children too but I don’t go chopping their heads off” WC Fields I think it was, sounds like something he’d come up with.
solo
UK

22-06-2019, 04:39 PM

Good to hear you are both back safe, sound, and having enjoyed your break..

I loved train travel but like everything else ours have gone to the dogs and when they eventually do turn up having to pay extortionate prices to risk life and limb standing it is now nowt but an insult to say "let the train take the strain"...mind you they dare not say that now do they.

(A gardening nod. Talking of W C Fields and chopping orf heads...always thought you left cutting hedges between 1 March and 31 July for bird breeding season!)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:00 PM

I sometimes regret not pursuing the job I had assembling printed circuit boards, by now, I could have been a solderer of fortune.
One of the hardest things I ever had to do was to assemble my broken heart, it happened when I was a teenager and my girlfriend ran off with a circus worker who’s job it was to assemble the printed circus boards, thankfully I managed to get over that OK, then I made contact with Phyllis at “The Junction” (a small dance hall in Henry St.) she got a shock when she saw me, she turned me on in a flash and it transformed my life.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

22-06-2019, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the gardening tip Solo, never knew that.
Robins are the only birds that nest in the hedge, they have had their young this year, they grow very quickly and I don’t see them around anymore, Robins have been coming to us for the past seven or eight years now, I’m always very careful to spot where they nest when doing the trimming.
They are very clever and nest well inside where the thick branches are, safe from the Wood pigeons who nest in a big tree next door, the dog helps to keep them away too, last year a chick got out of the nest and fell onto the grass, the dog sat beside it and barked until Phyllis came out to put the chick back into the nest.
Phyllis would have me life if I made them homeless, she practically has them eating out of her hand and they are not a bit shy of her.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:28 AM

Some people are just plain weird, just put the TV on and an old episode of the Chase was on, a contestant was asked what she would do if she won the money, she stated she would watch Primates having sex!!!! well, she said she would like to see Mounting Gorillas.
solo
UK

23-06-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Phyllis would have me life if I made them homeless, she practically has them eating out of her hand and they are not a bit shy of her.
Robins seem to know who they can trust more than any other bird. I found one of my robins in the kitchen last week. He pops in to remind me if I have forgotten to fill the bird bath...and the little fella is always spot on.

Makes my day when he calls

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top