Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:51 PM

Re: Contactless card query

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Nooooo......you're kidding aren't you.........I'd never have thought that.
Glad to have been of help.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Glad to have been of help.
I'd rather not make it easy for the thief.......thats why I sent my card back and refused a contactless card.

Whether the bank covers the loss or not I refuse to make it easier for scum to profit from what I see as a step back in card security.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by effingpot ->
it's still new for a lot of people. My mum used it for the first time this weekend and felt quite excited to be a modern woman .
The contactless card system serves no purpose whatsoever in practical terms. It doesn't speed up queues at tills, it isn't cheaper for the banks to operate, it isn't any safer.

It has but one single purpose, which is . . .

to pave the way for human RFID tagging

Your are simply being conditioned to accept an electronic device as an ID marker which can be used to make payments. Soon enough that electronic ID marker will be implanted under your skin between your thumb and index finger.

Thousands of people are already trialling this RFID tagging technology. The use of contactless cards to make payments is a scam or ruse to show just ONE small application of this technology. The more invasive and nefarious uses are to "bag and tag" you like a criminal on parole so that your every movement can be recorded wherever you go. There will be hidden tag readers everywhere you go, every shop, outlet, public area, station, theatre and so on.

If you accept contactless cards for payments you are allowing yourself to be preconditioned for an Orwellian 1984 style ankle tag, except that the tag will be implanted in your hand. Don't go there. It will herald the total end of your privacy as a human, as an individual. It will be the equivalent of accepting that 666 mark of the beast.

Google "Human RFID tagging" and educate yourself.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 12:10 AM

I'd rather not make it easy for the thief.......thats why I sent my card back and refused a contactless card.

Whether the bank covers the loss or not I refuse to make it easier for scum to profit from what I see as a step back in card security.
I agree, I often hanker for the horse and cart, motor vehicles have made robbery far too easy for the common criminal...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

30-12-2016, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The contactless card system serves no purpose whatsoever in practical terms. It doesn't speed up queues at tills, it isn't cheaper for the banks to operate, it isn't any safer.
The latest looney conspiracy theory brought to you by...

The next step is actually to get all your credit cards, transport cards, membership cards etc onto your phone. Can't happen quick enough.

Why on earth would they need to implant a chip in your hand? Your phone already knows where you are. Stupid idea.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree, I often hanker for the horse and cart, motor vehicles have made robbery far too easy for the common criminal...
Why not move to Macclesfield?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 12:53 AM

Why not move to Macclesfield?
Or somewhere nice in Lancashire?

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top