Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 11:37 PM

The best mattress?

I'm thinking it's about time for a new mattress. I'm very "goldilocks" - I don't want anything too firm or too soft

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Re: The best mattress?

If you can't afford a Dunlopillo.. ( made in heaven) try : John Ryan by Design, based in Manchester
Personally I will never have another sprung mattress, no matter how much padding is on the springs.

johnryanbydesign.co.uk

My son had one of theirs and it is excellent. Communication great, on time and extremely helpful staff . 5* all the way.
Sons was from the Fusion Range, but there's another range similar ,called the Resilience Range.

There is nothing better than a comfy bed, is there ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 06:27 AM

I have been looking - and testing in the shops - for about a year now and cannot find a mattress that I could sleep on. Most of them are covered in that awful 'memory foam' stuff - which is hot, sticky and means you cannot turn them. I am looking for something properly sprung, UK made, and extremely firm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 06:29 AM

I am house sitting for my son and can hardly move .
The bed I am sleeping in is firm with a memory foam topper .
My back is killing me .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 08:39 AM

I have a tempur mattress it's about 10 years old now and I love it . I sleep on a cloud each night. I have never found it hot for me it's perfect.

My sister recently bought one with springs and was told it's the amount of springs which make it comfortable which makes sense.

But for me its tempur all the time
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:39 AM

We got Memory Foam one a few months ago and can't fault it so far. My back was so sore every morning with the old one and my OH finally took pity on me and we went shopping, pain vanished overnight....What more can I say..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:48 AM

I go to sleep every night on a plank, Each morning I wake up board stiff
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm thinking it's about time for a new mattress. I'm very "goldilocks" - I don't want anything too firm or too soft

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Reminds me of that old joke.
"What's the definition of a mistress?
Something that comes between a master and a mattress."
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:50 PM

We always buy a Sealy mattress - with pocketed springs. The Sealy ones seem to suit us and we have never had an uncomfortable sleep with one. Pocketed spring mattresses are not cheap, but they are good - the more springs the better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We got Memory Foam one a few months ago and can't fault it so far. My back was so sore every morning with the old one and my OH finally took pity on me and we went shopping, pain vanished overnight....What more can I say..
I had a memory foam mattress but it forgot who I was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top