Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 11:56 AM

Re: Are Dachshunds The New ‘In’ Dogs?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I've never seen any up here in our area.
Perhaps it's too cold for small dogs, their bits are too close to the ground.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh Dear, Poor wee guys..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Are Dachshunds, the latest trend? Have you seen many lately?
I’m afraid l am not keen on the breed.
I hope not, many have terrible back problems.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daxies but would hate to see them as 'the latest thing' at the mercy of poor breeding leading to even more cases of a painful spines condition .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

What about heavily pregnant bitches then?
Their tummy's must need a skate board.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hope not, many have terrible back problems.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daxies but would hate to see them as 'the latest thing' at the mercy of poor breeding leading to even more cases of a painful spines condition .

Totally agree, Meg.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 06:07 PM

The breed must be popular at the moment as l have just read that the Kennel Club reported that the registration figures for this breed have gone up by 80% recently.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Dachshunde are gaining popularity once more. In Germany they have climbed from being placed at 21 in 2018 to being placed 10th most popular breed in 2019.

They are definitely not a nasty breed. They are intelligent , resilient and headstrong, yet loving and protective of their human. All good qualities considering they were originally bred for badger (Dachs) and Fox hunting

My favourite is the wire haired dachshund
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
Dachshunde are gaining popularity once more. In Germany they have climbed from being placed at 21 in 2018 to being placed 10th most popular breed in 2019.

They are definitely not a nasty breed. They are intelligent , resilient and headstrong, yet loving and protective of their human. All good qualities considering they were originally bred for badger (Dachs) and Fox hunting

My favourite is the wire haired dachshund

I personally wouldn't have one, but if I did, it would be a wire haired as you say, Coffee Cake. They quite appealed to me at one day many moons ago.

I would have to invesitage very thoroughly the lines carrying the notorious back problems first though.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I personally wouldn't have one, but if I did, it would be a wire haired as you say, Coffee Cake. They quite appealed to me at one day many moons ago.

I would have to invesitage very thoroughly the lines carrying the notorious back problems first though.
A full time job and having to travel means I don’t have a dog myself but am “borrowing” friends dogs on occasion. When I am able to get a dog I would like to have an Affenpinscher, although they don’t seem to be a popular breed around here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-09-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
A full time job and having to travel means I don’t have a dog myself but am “borrowing” friends dogs on occasion. When I am able to get a dog I would like to have an Affenpinscher, although they don’t seem to be a popular breed around here.

Here you are, CC. Presssy for you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top