Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:15 PM

Re: The Placebo Effect

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I would take that further in that the energy of one person with a desire to heal others will translate into healing based on the exchange of energies. We are like molecules. We can affect each other physically as well as mentally just by our presence.

I agree with you, Annie.
That is so true.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Re: The Placebo Effect

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Nope

Homeopathy has been properly debunked under laboratory conditions and independent testing. The great James Randhi devoted one of his TV shows to debunking it.

He also begins many of his live presentations by taking a packet of homeopathy sleep pills and eating the entire packet as he begins talking to show people that they have no effect whatsoever.

Homeopathy's own theory itself doesn't hold water (pun intended!) because the stated levels of dilution would require that none of the original water molecules were present.

So Homeopathy is best avoided TBH.

On the other issue though, Placebos or the wider area which it is just a part of, that of making changes in your universe with the power of will alone, yes that has truth and power to it imho.

Turns out there actually IS a huge energy field all around us which science has identified. It's everywhere, right across the universe. If we can tap into it then many things are possible.

The key is understanding the right way to tap into it. As it is an energy field you don't speak to it or pray to it. That's like trying to talk to a tree. Just silly. Those that have discovered it suggest that it responds to the electromagnetic fields of our own hearts and the energies from our brains. These are scientific things, demonstrable energies/fields. There are some who believe the way to tap into the universal energy field is to do 2 things.

Firstly, with the brain, establish the will or desire of the outcome you want. No speaking, no praying, because the energy field has no ears. Just thinking clearly of the thing you want to happen.

Then secondly, from the heart, imagine how you would feel when that outcome happens and concentrate that feeling to the extent that you are feeling "AS IF" it had already happened.

So one, will or desire for the outcome, and two, feel as if it had already happened.

That's the theory. I've personally been trying it and practising it for a while with some interesting outcomes.

I believe this is what the Placebo effect is all about.

With the Placebo effect you are expressing the will or desire to effect your outcome (being healed) which is evident from your visiting the doctor or chemist for pills.

Then by taking them you are already believing in your heart that they are going to make you better and you already feel that relief there that you have the pills and are on the mend. In short you are already feeling "as if" you are healing.

I believe this is all the one and the same thing.

This also means the exact opposite is true. If you dwell on a thing that is upsetting you, if for example you worry constantly about cancer and that you are going to die because of it then you are hurting yourself. You are expressing the will and desire through constantly thinking about it and you are feeling "as if" it was going to happen in your heart.

This energy field is neutral. There is no good or bad or right or wrong. It does what you will of it.

That's likely why people say it is important to have a positive mental attitude.

We are creatures of energy. Our brains and hearts emit forms of energy, they have individual energy fields.

There is definitely something in all of this which I think people are starting to discover. Placebo is just an example of it working without the person really understanding how.
I wasn't thinking about the actual treatment but the psychological effects, i.e., the patients think of homeopathy as a benefit because they believe that the treatments work.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top