Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:04 PM

Re: Grief and Sadness

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
LQ
You have my sympathies. We deal with grief differently. Both my parents died. Understandably, it saddens you.

When my father died I grieved. But it was much later, a few months I think, when it came to me that I was then the oldest male surviving. That was........something to come to terms with. Hard to describe.
Thank you for taking the time to send this message and for your sympathies. So sorry for the pain of the loss of your parents Bes, I'm sending you a big hug
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:13 PM

Hi LQ, you never get over the loss of a loved one, you just learn to live with it as best you can - all that "Time will heal all" is a load of bullsh*t. It doesn't, the pain is always there.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:15 PM

The love for your sister comes across so deeply, LQ. We have all lost family members and I don't believe the pain ever really goes away, but we cope and then at times they flood back into our minds.
I think that is a nice thing to happen. A few tears and memories, but it allows us not to forget, which is the most important.

I lost 9 family member in 5 years. Now, apart from my 3 children, there is one cousin and my sister left. From a huge family with wonderful family parties , to so little ,leaves a gaping hole which can never be filled, but the happy memories compensate . Some never have any happy memories, so we must be thankful.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hi LQ, you never get over the loss of a loved one, you just learn to live with it as best you can - all that "Time will heal all" is a load of bullsh*t. It doesn't, the pain is always there.
I'm definitely finding that out our Judd. I know you still grieve for your wife and I'm so sorry for your pain so take this huge as we share in our grief.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The love for your sister comes across so deeply, LQ. We have all lost family members and I don't believe the pain ever really goes away, but we cope and then at times they flood back into our minds.
I think that is a nice thing to happen. A few tears and memories, but it allows us not to forget, which is the most important.

I lost 9 family member in 5 years. Now, apart from my 3 children, there is one cousin and my sister left. From a huge family with wonderful family parties , to so little ,leaves a gaping hole which can never be filled, but the happy memories compensate . Some never have any happy memories, so we must be thankful.
I'm so thankful that my sister and I shared such deep love.

I am so so sorry to hear of you losing so many family members in such a short space of time, that must be so hard for you.

I hope you and everyone didn't mind me sharing my grief today with you, I'm a person who has difficulty keeping my feelings in. I'm having trouble holding my tears in today and I have no clue why today of all days but tomorrow is another day and I'll be glad when this one is over.

Big hugs for you for the pain of all those you loved and lost Puddy xxxx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 09:26 PM

I wrote this poem last year on the 4th anniversary of her death. I still feel the same today as the 5th year approaches.

Four Years Gone

Julia I’m still missing you
Feel no easing of this pain
I still shed lots of tears
As I look down memory lane

I want again to hear your voice
And also see your face
Hear you say ‘I love you Sis’
And feel your warm embrace

Just as always, every day
I’m feeling sad inside
I want to give you lots of hugs
But I can’t because you’ve died

The overwhelming feelings
At times get overbearing
I want this pain to lessen
And feel my heart repairing

I doubt that this will ever be
As my heart has a gaping hole
The yearning I feel of missing you
Hurts deep inside my soul

It’s been 4 long years since you passed
My yearning is strong as ever
I really hope when the time is right
That again, we’ll be together
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm so thankful that my sister and I shared such deep love.

I am so so sorry to hear of you losing so many family members in such a short space of time, that must be so hard for you.

I hope you and everyone didn't mind me sharing my grief today with you, I'm a person who has difficulty keeping my feelings in. I'm having trouble holding my tears in today and I have no clue why today of all days but tomorrow is another day and I'll be glad when this one is over.

Big hugs for you for the pain of all those you loved and lost Puddy xxxx
Thanks LQ. for your kind words. Why would we mind you sharing your heartfelt grief ? Of course we don't , and it's only a special person who can share such things as you do .
Hoping you rest tonight . Hugs..XX
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

17-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wrote this poem last year on the 4th anniversary of her death. I still feel the same today as the 5th year approaches.

Four Years Gone

Julia I’m still missing you
Feel no easing of this pain
I still shed lots of tears
As I look down memory lane

I want again to hear your voice
And also see your face
Hear you say ‘I love you Sis’
And feel your warm embrace

Just as always, every day
I’m feeling sad inside
I want to give you lots of hugs
But I can’t because you’ve died

The overwhelming feelings
At times get overbearing
I want this pain to lessen
And feel my heart repairing

I doubt that this will ever be
As my heart has a gaping hole
The yearning I feel of missing you
Hurts deep inside my soul

It’s been 4 long years since you passed
My yearning is strong as ever
I really hope when the time is right
That again, we’ll be together
Perfect
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Perfect
Thank you x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Thanks LQ. for your kind words. Why would we mind you sharing your heartfelt grief ? Of course we don't , and it's only a special person who can share such things as you do .
Hoping you rest tonight . Hugs..XX
Thank you, hugs right back at you.

I'm going now, Goodnight Godbless all. Tomorrow is a new day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top