Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Re: Woman mauled to death

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Being a first time owner doesn’t really mean anything as there is a first time for everything .
Puppies do wee all over the place you have to take them outside every couple of hours at least .
They don’t have bladder control in the same way a child does not have bladder control
I certainly would not restrict either from drinking .

Also, any 'classes' or book reading will only offer basics.

Some people are just 'naturals' around animals, others don't know their head from their a**e.
I would not let a tiny puppy go to someone who hadn't got a clue in the first place!
Having said that, some breeders haven't a clue where their pups have gone if they sell through a third party instead of bothering to meet the prospective owners and talking to them first.

I didn't have tuition to look after my human baby either, you have to do your best, use common sense, and learn as you go along to an extent.

But taking on a huge, powerful breed of unpredictable temperament is not something I would do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Being a first time owner doesn’t really mean anything as there is a first time for everything .
Buying a book on the subject is far cheaper and more practice than taking a training course .
Training courses would have to be tailored to individual breeds Again who would do these courses?

Puppies do wee all over the place you have to take them outside every couple of hours at least .
They don’t have bladder control in the same way a child does not have bladder control
I certainly would not restrict either from drinking .
I know they wee but you have not understood what I said this was a dog could never walk past a water bowl without emptying it drank gallons given a chance.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
As I said earlier Tabs, I don't see the police can ever find out as the only living witness is a dog.
Wonder where the three children were at the time? I wonder where they are now?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Also - I understand she had two smaller dogs as well. No-one seems to know what has happened to them!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Also - I understand she had two smaller dogs as well. No-one seems to know what has happened to them!
Too many unknowns. And may remain unknown.
Four dogs, three children, and no mention of a husband......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Too many unknowns. And may remain unknown.
Four dogs, three children, and no mention of a husband......

Exactly.

And that is why I said back on the first page, I would not pass judgement when we only know the outcome and not the cause.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
exactly.

And that is why i said back on the first page, i would not pass judgement when we only know the outcome and not the cause.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top