Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Re: Social Services Child Abuse.

I think if they had found abuse outside the home or that the child had a medical problem caused the "accidents" you would still be angry. The child grooming case has nothing what so ever to do with the child being investigated. I am no fan of some SS they caused us a real headache telling my niece's rapist she had a baby. But I don't believe they are all like that. When we adopted we had one who was a nightmare and two who were angels who really went out of their way to make it all happen. They are human. Most do their best.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 01:23 PM

I personally feel that a check up on any child with bruises or injuries that need hospital treatment is a good thing irrespective of whether the family are upset or not . I would rather this than a child who was being hurt was overlooked .

The social services visitor will see that the child is loved and cared for and in a happy healthy family . Much better this way .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I personally feel that a check up on any child with bruises or injuries that need hospital treatment is a good thing irrespective of whether the family are upset or not . I would rather this than a child who was being hurt was overlooked .

The social services visitor will see that the child is loved and cared for and in a happy healthy family . Much better this way .
Indeed I'd say that is a sensible thing to do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Swim, I'm going to be blunt and say I'm afraid I also agree with those who have said let the SS do their job.
If there is nothing to fear, why worry so much?

I also think that if anyone is so unhappy they feel the need to complain, it must come from the parents, and not someone who is nothing to do with it at all. If you were a solicitor, that would be different, but you are not even a relative, just a friend of the family.

You say they asked you to write.
May I ask why you? I am sure they are capable.
In my opinion, you should have gently refused.
It is not your case, not your family, and you have no legal authority to act for them.

I would be careful if I were you, because for all you know SS might know (or suspect) more than they are prepared to say at this stage.

You won't agree, but I think you should keep out of it. These are not your grandchildren, or any relation at all, no matter how you think of them.

Like I said at the beginning - if there is nothing to fear, I would suggest everyone calms down and lets the SS do their job.

One last thing, I agree with others who have said why do you bring Muslim kiddie fiddlers into it all the time?
Those cases are totally irrelevant, nothing to do with this case whatsoever and you are not doing yourself any favours keep throwing it into the equation.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Exactly! And anyone with half a grain of common sense would see that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree, as usual.

Injuries outside the home, documented by the School and an External Agency are not evidence of Child Abuse in any way shape or form.

A full report was available in each incident.

Social Services choose not to research them before visiting.

The same Social Services choose not to investigate serious issues of Child Abuse by Muslims in spite of overwhelming evidence given to them.

This is what I find wrong.
Swimmy - these two cases are completely different and not comparable in any way at all. Why on earth do you have to make everything about sex?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top