Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 02:57 PM

Interesting article about cats

Vitale got it wrong about cats not following you around like a dog, my sons cat follows him everywhere, even to the toilet!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbe...you/ar-AAHMkD4
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Interesting article about cats

My cats also do that... and I have 5 of them!

At bedtime, if I say "Bed" to my cat who has asthma, he rushes to the top of the stairs and waits for me to join him.

It doesn't matter how many times I go to the kitchen at least 2 of them will follow me.... yet they don't want food if I give them some.

Three of them will come in when I call their name & one of the other 2 will sit in the same room as long as I am with them.

Cats are no longer the totally independent creatures they once were &, if they like you, they trust you. All they need is a good routine & lots of attention!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Vitale got it wrong about cats not following you around like a dog, my sons cat follows him everywhere, even to the toilet!
One of mine does that - even sits in the wash basin until I need to wash my hands - the other one waits, politely, outside the door.

On the rare occasions that I am not well they never leave my side.

Willow loves to play hide and seek, and Nemo will 'fetch' those silicon wrist band thingys.

Cats are a lot of furry fun!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 04:15 PM

I can't go anywhere without Coco following me or my Husband, she is doted to us all the time, and if we go out for a few hours, when we come back, she hears that key go in the door and she is off her chair and running to the door to greet us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I can't go anywhere without Coco following me or my Husband, she is doted to us all the time, and if we go out for a few hours, when we come back, she hears that key go in the door and she is off her chair and running to the door to greet us.
It is so lovely to be welcomed home, isn't it?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
We had one that did. Called Smudge because of its colouring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 05:33 PM

I thought it was difficult enough moving around with two cats in front of me, trying to trip me up with me cups of coffee but now that Murtagh has arrived, it's like he is stuck to my feet with velcro.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought it was difficult enough moving around with two cats in front of me, trying to trip me up with me cups of coffee but now that Murtagh has arrived, it's like he is stuck to my feet with velcro.
Max does me that way. I tread on his paws from time to time because he is just there.

But the topic is about cats.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top