Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:27 PM

Re: Pigs

I do not eat pork...I could not watch the video,as it would upset me too much.

I never knew that a pig...was that intelligent.

I wonder if the ones that become pets,can be house trained like a dog?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I do not eat pork...I could not watch the video,as it would upset me too much.

I never knew that a pig...was that intelligent.

I wonder if the ones that become pets,can be house trained like a dog?
Yes they can Pauline they can do anything a dog can do and learn quicker than many ,but as they grow very big they don’t make great pets .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Katerina ->
Pauline I think you should take less notice of Muddy . . .

I think you should also stop stirring the pot....sorry Kat..it's coming across that way.

Muddy started this thread...you seen to delight in telling everyone how to cook pork and crackling...quite insensitive IMO...but hey ho...I guess I am in certain areas.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-10-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes they can Pauline they can do anything a dog can do and learn quicker than many ,but as they grow very big they don’t make great pets .
Thank you,Muddy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:42 PM

***More off topic bickering removed, if you can't agree with a member have your say and ignore their posts do not retaliate with personal insults.
Continued personal bickering will result in the suspension of accounts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Hi

Humans are omnivores, that is what we are designed for.

I eat meat, I am in the fortunate position of knowing where it comes from.

I am content with that.

I eat fish, most of which I catch myself, I am content with that.

I eat eggs, all local and all free range.

As regards meat, I eat rabbit and pigeon, shot on the farm.

I eat pork, knowing that pigs have not been religiously slaughtered.

I will not eat beef from hindquarters purchased in Supermarkets.

Jewish slaughter insists that the animal is alive and conscious when it's throat is cut.

Jews only eat the forequarters, the rest is sold unmarked in supermarkets, the steaks, rump, topside and silverside.

All Halal meat in New Zealand and other some Countries is stunned before slaughter.

The vast majority of Halal Meat in the UK is stunned before slaughter.

No Kosher meat is stunned before slaughter.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:51 PM

Swims while I agree with you about ritual slaughter I think that that is a topic all on its own .

Pigs are not slaughtered by either religion you have mentioned .

Yet they die badly in any case because they are very difficult to handle in slaughterhouses ..

Their intelligence tells them they are in mortal danger and they are terrible distressed and try to escape.

The ways of slaughtering pigs are absolutely barbaric .

They are electrocuted with tongs on their heads to stun them
But due to their frantic movements it’s difficult to do properly so they recover consciousness before they have their throats cut .

Then they are thrown into vats of boiling water it’s doesn’t bear thinking about .

Some are killed in gas chambers .
They scream in their their desperation and far from being humane it’s a horribly reminiscent of the concentration camps .

All these things have been filmed by people working undercover .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:51 PM

I used to love the rare breed Pork from the local farm shop, it was reared in the local woods and delicious.

Since I cut down on meat for health reasons I now have difficulty eating meat, it repels me. I have no desire to eat meat anymore.

I have never eaten chicken the smell of it cooking makes me feel ill.

I still cook meat for the family but try to make sure it is organic and outdoor reared on grass.
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

16-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I used to love the rare breed Pork from the local farm shop, it was reared in the local woods and delicious.

Since I cut down on meat for health reasons I now have difficulty eating meat, it repels me. I have no desire to eat meat anymore.

I have never eaten chicken the smell of it cooking makes me feel ill.

I still cook meat for the family but try to make sure it is organic and outdoor reared on grass.

My bold - an eminently sensible and reasonable attitude.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2019, 02:29 PM

I wonder why they call the police pigs ?
It’s such an insult .

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top