Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 07:39 PM

I hate, detest, loathe modern technology! Rant alert.

My old mobile was needing charging a lot and storage was a problem. For a couple of pounds more than the sim cost I decided to get a new one with a different provider.

For Heaven's sake, why is it so difficult?

I tried to tranfer my photos to my laptop, nope, wouldn't do it, it found the photos but then just stopped, wouldn't import them. I fired up my old Windows 7 laptop, transfered photos onto that, at least they are on something, will put onto external hard drive later.

(Don't get me started on trying to remember passwords for stuff to swap, had to change most )

By the time I worked out how to do it, got my daughter to put the new sim in the new phone, then I had to get a PAC code and give it to new provider. (Rang new provider, needed password for broadband, wtf? Never used one, no idea where to get one it's on the router apparently ), I wasn't sure if this cancelled SIM so I had to contact my old provider to check. Got Windows 10 laptop out, put it on, updating some Windows crap,so had to wait. Hours later, switched it on, configuring crap.

Meanwhile...
Old phone refused to work, grey screen, tried pressing, volume and on/off switch, got start up wiggly thingy, which went on and on and on...
Wouldn't switch off, so had to let battery die.
Strange coincidence methinks

Couldn't text or phone on either phones.

Eventually, I worked out how to start up and use Messenger on my new phone. No idea how text works and there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off predictive text for Messenger.

But it does have some snazzy ringtones...

...so that's all right then!

I didn't want to use new mobile yet as I had to order a new cover as my old one doesn't fit, heyho, it slides about willy nilly in my bag getting that lived-in look.

If I ever win a load of dosh, the first things to go will be Broadband and mobile phone!

Now the weather had knocked out Sky! F****** marvelous! Had power cut this morning too!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 07:54 PM

Re: I hate, detest, loathe modern technology! Rant alert.

I hate loathed it too !
I cannot EVER log into google it refuses my password every time .
So I have to make new passwords eVERY time .
Hate it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Microsoft insists I only have two very ancient e-mail addresses that they can send a password change thingy to

Then they say my account needs updating!
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Why don't you people write down your passwords on a piece of paper and keep it in a draw? I have all of mine written on a telephone notepad paper which is kept with other important documents, that way i know where to find it, i just think 'important info...ahhh, important info is in that draw' and there you go, paper with passwords on it
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Now the weather had knocked out Sky! F****** marvelous! Had power cut this morning too!
Ah, we had a power outage yesterday. Stops everything.
So, the hounds got an early walk. By the time we got back, an hour or so later, it had been restored. Never did find out what caused it but it affected the whole street and maybe beyond.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

09-10-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Why don't you people write down your passwords on a piece of paper and keep it in a draw? I have all of mine written on a telephone notepad paper which is kept with other important documents, that way i know where to find it, i just think 'important info...ahhh, important info is in that draw' and there you go, paper with passwords on it
I do! But I scribble them down when I change them and forget which is which and sometimes forget capital letters etc
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

09-10-2019, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
So, the hounds got an early walk. By the time we got back, an hour or so later, it had been restored. Never did find out what caused it but it affected the whole street and maybe beyond.
Modern technology probably, someone forgot a password in a drawer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Tess me ol' mate, I sooooo understand and agree with everything you say! I am always saying I hate technology too.
I too, got a new phone getting on for a year ago now, and I can still only use half the things on it.

Updates? I loathe them! Updates on my phone, updates on my computer . . they drive me nuts.
And don't even start me on Apps!!

I would have done better with a cheap push button phone from Asda!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

09-10-2019, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tess me ol' mate, I sooooo understand and agree with everything you say! I am always saying I hate technology too.
I too, got a new phone getting on for a year ago now, and I can still only use half the things on it.

Updates? I loathe them! Updates on my phone, updates on my computer . . they drive me nuts.
And don't even start me on Apps!!

I would have done better with a cheap push button phone from Asda!
I loved my first Sony flip up one it took good photos, it was shiny blue mmmmmm!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
You live in Doncaster now Besoeker, and when the donkey stops walking round the barrel the power goes off until they feed him.....

Or you can thank Greta and her colleagues who made us shut down all the coal fired power stations.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top