Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Re: Winter Fuel Payment 2011

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It's Cameron and Cleggs way of saving the economy.
That was one of their first of many cuts.
Yes, change of Governments is the reason it's reduced...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
I have started to paper the walls with the empty promises that should keep us snug.
Good one Hammer!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
It's Cameron and Cleggs way of saving the economy.
That was one of their first of many cuts.
At the expense of the elderly - again! I can think of many ways of saving on the economy, and I was never any good at sums at school.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:15 PM

to young to get it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
to young to get it
Don't wish your years away, Kitty ...... I would willingly swop mine for a few more years!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Don't wish your years away, Kitty ...... I would willingly swop mine for a few more years!
yes your right Mags, its just so expensive for everyone
and it just gets worse
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Blimey yes indeed,
And did those feet in ancient times do a jig or two to keep out the cold, not arf.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

14-10-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Blimey yes indeed,
And did those feet in ancient times do a jig or two to keep out the cold, not arf.
That took me back a few years, Hammer .... that was my school song!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:39 PM

I'm not crowing here, not by any means, but when Gordon died three years ago in 2008 I didn't turn my central heating on for that terrible cold winter because I didn't know if I could afford it or not. I was 58 then so wasn't entitled to the cold weather payment.

I was still working full time, thank goodness, but I still had a car to pay off and a mortgage, both of which are now paid in full. I managed with a small electric one-bar fire and blankets wrapped around me, but I was still cold.

In the winter of 2009 I said sod it, I'm not going to be cold any longer, so I changed my fuel supplier as I'd been paying £186 a month for gas and electric, and I live alone. The central heating was switched on when I got home from work and not before.

Having said all of that, some elderly people can't move around as nimbly and have to just sit and just sitting can make you hypothermic and that's why so many old folk die from the cold.

It's wrong. For goodness sake! This is the 21st century and nobody should be dying of the cold.

Sorry, I've rabbited on again, but I do get very annoyed when the government think that the elderly don't matter anymore.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-10-2011, 11:48 PM

That took me back a few years, Hammer .... that was my school song!
It was ours also, I slipped up badly when dodging assembly once. I always pretended to be a catholic and was able to stand outside the hall with the genuine ones.
It must have been a momentry lapse or I had an egg powder for breakfast but those chords struck up and I found my self singing it out loud.

Next news, old beaky mutton (Mr Sutton) dragged me by the lug into the assembly hall and made me sing the bloody thing on my own in front of 400 kids.

To make sure I had reverted to C of E the headmaster introduced my backside to his favourite method of persuasion, the tawse.

Hail bloody Mary.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top