Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:51 PM

Re: Postage increase

Mind she doesn't sneak any plants into the box for chewing on the journey.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Just getting her nighty and toothbrush, and boxing her up as we speak.
Besoeker
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:46 AM

We, the majority of the public, S don't use snail much these days so I can understand the per item cost to Royal Mail going up.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Day light robbery! And very restricting for us card makers.

I'll take a piece of cardboard from London to Stornoway for you, only 200.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've used my old stamps when they have increased other years. I purchased them as 1st (or 2nd) class stamps so as far as I was concerned they were still valid
I have used 'old' stamps too & no problems. I even take them off unfranked letters & re-use them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We, the majority of the public, S don't use snail much these days so I can understand the per item cost to Royal Mail going up.
I use it a lot, I have several pen pals over the World.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 01:18 AM

Roland Hill will be turning in his grave.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
England
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But whose fault is that? It is not all down to internet usage.

When I was a child we had two deliveries per day - 1st class arrived in the early morning and 2nd class at lunchtime. The service was reliable.

Now - post here turns up about 2:30pm and even 1st class can take up to three days to arrive.

Each town had it's own sorting office - now - our post has to go all the way to Leeds to be sorted and then back again for delivery. Most villages had their own post office - now people have to travel into towns - which adds to the cost - petrol, bus fare, etc.,

Also post offices are now pushed into shops/mini markets, the queues are mixed, the counter staff having to do double duty - and it is a nightmare trying to post anything larger than a postcard.

The more they push the prices up - the less likely people are to use it. Who wants to pay for a rubbish service?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 08:58 AM

I once had some really old 1st class stamps. I enquired at the post office and they said they were fine to use.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:13 AM

I usually send out 100 Xmas Cards, I think i'm going to have to stop sending so many now, can't afford it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top