Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 02:46 PM

Re: Mugged, once again. Brilliant holiday booked.

I could have sworn someone said it was your 60th.
Damn, I'll have to change the cake order now!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've just had a visit from my daughter.....and I feel like I've been mugged.

We(my daughter, son, ex-wife and I)were hoping to go away this year for my birthday(May) but my mums health didn't permit.

As the last 12 months and future months have been/will be so stressful for all concerned I decided to splash out a bit.
So today we've booked(at my expense, jeez wish I'd stayed in bed)7 days of next May at Sandals Royal Plantation in Jamaica.

Can't wait, it's a while since I last visited.
Really chuffed I'll be with my kids
Mugged?

It'll be worth it Terry.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Mugged?

It'll be worth it Terry.
All things being equal.....I hope so.

As long as my mum's health doesn't deteriorate too much before we go.....it'll be sweet.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I could have sworn someone said it was your 60th.
Damn, I'll have to change the cake order now!
I hope it's sponge
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2017, 08:31 PM

All things being equal.....I hope so.

As long as my mum's health doesn't deteriorate too much before we go.....it'll be sweet.
I hope so too.

Not wishing to sound negative, but my wife's mother gashed her leg open on a sharp sunbed corner whilst they were on holiday in Egypt last week. It required 8 stitches and they decided to come home early for it to be checked out in this country. She saw a plastic surgeon and will be going back soon to hear the outcome.

The important thing is to have full heath insurance. Anything could happen to you and the others.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

19-02-2017, 08:37 PM

Oh yes......insurance is a definite.....especially where the local delights are rum based.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Well......doesn't time fly.

Everyone is packed and ready for tomorrow's flight from Manchester to Heathrow and on to Jamaica.

Unfortunately I won't be going following my recent op and the problems this caused....the risk of being taken ill is too great and the Insurance won't cover me if I do...pre-existing condition etc.

So I'll have to settle with lovely photos being sent by email
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 01:29 PM

What a shame you have to miss your fabulous holiday Terry, it would have been a good convalescence for you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a shame you have to miss your fabulous holiday Terry, it would have been a good convalescence for you.
To say "I'm gutted" is an understatement
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 04:06 PM

To say "I'm gutted" is an understatement
Understandable.
I broke my hip just before a family holiday some years ago...I insisted they all went it would've been ridiculous for them all to forego the holiday just because of my bad luck.
What they didn't do was send me photos and updates of what they were doing, talk about rubbing salt into the wound

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top