Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dogmad
Dorset, UK
dogmad is male 

20-07-2013, 03:48 PM

When does "glorious sunshine" become a "killer heatwave" ?

Who decides ? The Met. Office ? The media ? Or is it a personal/subjective decision ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 03:53 PM

Re: When does "glorious sunshine" become a "killer heatwave" ?

Well its obvious that being too hot is not good for us .....
Just as being too bloomin cold ........
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 03:57 PM

My mother, who is in a care home, thought that the Joddrell Bank telescope (just a few miles away from here) controlled the weather!!!!

Took her a bit of convincing this afternoon that it was for looking into the universe.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Ah - you gotta larf .......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 04:10 PM

The Met. Office thinks it does but I think the media really controls it for them, and when they get it wrong (the media) they blame the Met, Office. Remember just three weeks ago the media said we would not get good summer weather for ten years or more and look what happened.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Is it a killer or not? well if it has killed you it is, and if you are still alive it isn't. lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Is it a killer or not? well if it has killed you it is, and if you are still alive it isn't. lol
That's true, well it aint killed me yet, I'm wallowing in it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 04:26 PM

Allegedly over 1000 people have died in the past two weeks due to this heatwave. Its not necessarily the temperature thats the problem, but the humidity. If the humidity is high, I too 'suffer' and have breathing problems.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Allegedly over 1000 people have died in the past two weeks due to this heatwave. Its not necessarily the temperature thats the problem, but the humidity. If the humidity is high, I too 'suffer' and have breathing problems.
It's been far too hot for me as well, it's not healthy. I'm worried about the coming week because they're saying on our local weather forecasts it will get worse and may reach 35 degrees by next Wednesday. It's been bliss today because it's been quite thick cloud and a nice cool breeze all day. Hope you're feeling a bit better Uncle Joe.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-07-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's been far too hot for me as well, it's not healthy. I'm worried about the coming week because they're saying on our local weather forecasts it will get worse and may reach 35 degrees by next Wednesday. It's been bliss today because it's been quite thick cloud and a nice cool breeze all day. Hope you're feeling a bit better Uncle Joe.
First thing I heard on the radio this morning and I'm dreading it !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top