Join for free
Page 239 of 505 « First < 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps you're still a growing boy, JBR?
Growing old, certainly.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->

Might not be the right response BUT

Its no laughing matter anymore.

IS IT
Not Again surely!!! ..........Groan
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:13 PM

Deaths at 1019 and "UK will do well to keep deaths under 20,000".

Death's in Italy rose by 10,000 in 28 days............ Are we being prepared for a more severe scenario? Perhaps the worst in Europe? Is this what they're saying?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Not Again surely!!! ..........Groan
Actually, I think he's the only one laughing about it! Weird.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:45 PM

Seen today ,female person wearing nurse’s uniform gloved and masked getting out of a car going to a neighbour’s flat leaving passenger in front seat smoking.
Havn’t worked that one out yet .
Lindyloo
isle of wight

28-03-2020, 11:53 PM

This is something that makes me sick beyond words or description. Unbelievable, appalling cruelty in China.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112648...s-world-knees/

Why is this allowed to continue???

If I was in power I would want answers.
I think the answer may lie in people who were, or still are, starving - so will eat anything they can! When I was in China, I saw no wildlife, hardly any domestic animals and no animals bred for food e.g. cows, sheep, pigs, chicken! When I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago - the same was true. I was told that over 2 million people died of starvation in the 1944-45 famine. There are two varieties of rat in Vietnam - one variety has died out - the other survives as it's not edible!

But after this virus I believe world powers must exert pressure on China and demand change. The Chinese people have most likely been told it was a foreign virus and nothing to do with them - and they are conditioned to believe what they're told.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 12:05 AM

I think the answer may lie in people who were, or still are, starving - so will eat anything they can! When I was in China, I saw no wildlife, hardly any domestic animals and no animals bred for food e.g. cows, sheep, pigs, chicken! When I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago - the same was true. I was told that over 2 million people died of starvation in the 1944-45 famine. There are two varieties of rat in Vietnam - one variety has died out - the other survives as it's not edible!

But after this virus I believe world powers must exert pressure on China and demand change. The Chinese people have most likely been told it was a foreign virus and nothing to do with them - and they are conditioned to believe what they're told.

Even if that is the case Lindy, how utterly barbaric is to drop dogs into boiling water alive?
One picture also showed a bloke with a ciggy hanging out of his mouth whilst preparing meat!

Starving or not, are there no hygiene laws in that country?
Are there no cruelty laws there?
Are they so backward they have no comprehension of extreme cruelty - even when animals are screaming in agony?
Is it legal?

I find it hard to believe they do not know it is immoral, totally unhygienic and barbaric and they are ignorant of what scientists are saying about the origin of this virus.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

29-03-2020, 12:09 AM

Even if that is the case Lindy, how utterly barbaric is to drop dogs into boiling water alive?
One picture also showed a bloke with a ciggy hanging out of his mouth whilst preparing meat!

Starving or not, are there no hygiene laws in that country?
Are there no cruelty laws there?
Are they so backward they have no comprehension of extreme cruelty - even when animals are screaming in agony?
Is it legal?

I find it hard to believe they do not know it is immoral, totally unhygienic and barbaric and they are ignorant of what scientists are saying about the origin of this virus.
But it's not barbaric, immoral or unhygienic to them Mups. Different cultures........different circumstances.
It's not the only country that eats dogs........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2020, 12:16 AM

But it's not barbaric, immoral or unhygienic to them Mups. Different cultures........different circumstances.
It's not the only country that eats dogs........
I beg to differ.

Would it be too much trouble to stun the dog (or whatever), even using a club if nothing better is available, before throwing it in boiling water?

Or is it just too much trouble.

I agree, though. They are not the only culture to treat animals in such ways, as we all know in this country!
Lindyloo
isle of wight

29-03-2020, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I beg to differ.

Would it be too much trouble to stun the dog (or whatever), even using a club if nothing better is available, before throwing it in boiling water?
I doubt they'd consider the dog (or whatever) had any feelings!!

Most of us eat beef, pork, lamb and chicken. When we're eating it, do we consider the animal's suffering when it died?
Not much difference really is there?

Page 239 of 505 « First < 139 189 229 237 238 239 240 241 249 289 339 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top